• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see my friend Bunny this year. Here's a picture of us taken in 2015.

11080705_10153172340848396_1527978707971400738_o.jpg

I'm the one on the left wearing tan suede Strandmok 0.0's. Bunny is the one on the right not wearing any trousers.

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, got three Hot Cross Buns at the bakery on Friday. Going to eat the last one today.

IMG_4244 2.jpeg

My dishes are still in my storage space. Use a nightstand (the other nightstand is still in the storage space since it doesn't fit in the room I am renting) as many things, including a table.

nmh20

Reaction score
My AE wish list now totals >$1,800. May need to prioritize. I messaged AE customer service yesterday to see about getting a cost adjustment on the Strandmoks I ordered on 4/7. I’ll use that $100 to justify spending $1000! If I don’t hear back from AE on Monday, I’ll try calling them.
You can’t tease us like that, what’s on the the wish list?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I were to be in NYC on Fifth Ave in the 1960s, I would be participating in the Easter parade where everyone wore their best clothes and shoes, and ladies donned their Easter bonnets. Sheltering in place and social distancing will prohibit any parade today, but if I were there, I would wear my classic Florsheim LWBs as a hat tip to those styling guys in the past. The next best thing is to clean up and wear this fine pair in the house.

IMG_8245.jpg

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strandman obviously has a black pair of Strands.
I've seen a black shell Dalton posted here. Once. I think it was last year? Maybe it was even the MTO thread.

View attachment 1369704
Actual trunk show. Loden and Burgundy Strand Boots View attachment 1369705
My custom trunk show since they weren't an option

Did you dye those? What color were they originally?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What dye did you use?
Black from Angelus/Feibings, navy from Feibings.
Had the Angelus, but after application that resulted in less than optimal results (still had brown hue) I realised I'd forgotten a navy base coat. Added that then another round of black. If I do loafers, it'll be a navy coat followed by a black.
I found Feibings to be more diluted out if the bottle; Angelus was more concentrated. Either way, I used an entire 3 or 4oz bottle of each color.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gustin has a GREAT deal right now on the olive denim. I’ve got a pair that I love. Unfortunately I’m about 1” larger in the waist right now than when I bought them. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy a new pair one size up.

I want to like my Gustin so badly.

End of the day, the slim has horrible rise, and the straight (which has good rise for me) is nearly bell-bottom-esque down low. It just doesn't seem to work all that great for my build. :(

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see my friend Bunny this year. Here's a picture of us taken in 2015.

View attachment 1369737

I'm the one on the left wearing tan suede Strandmok 0.0's. Bunny is the one on the right not wearing any trousers.

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, got three Hot Cross Buns at the bakery on Friday. Going to eat the last one today.

View attachment 1369739

My dishes are still in my storage space. Use a nightstand (the other nightstand is still in the storage space since it doesn't fit in the room I am renting) as many things, including a table.

Hot cross buns always look like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch to me.

Which is extra fun when you consider the bun-bun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads