• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a WFH Friday! It is getting hard to remember the day of the week any more. Spoilered shell boot Appreciation.

IMG_8231.jpg

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Haven't been checking in here as often lately as I'm camped out at home for a spell (like many others) and have been branching out to try a few other mfrs of late. Wanted to take advantage of the moose mention though as I just took delivery of this pair of moose boots. Thought I'd share a few pics:

View attachment 1368689

These Trumans are called Bronze Moose (YES, actual moose leather from CF Stead). Soles are Itshide Commando.
View attachment 1368681 View attachment 1368682 View attachment 1368683
ME TOO!

Attachments

• 1586530851614.png
    1586530851614.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 23

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply outlet makes a surprise return in the USA.

Spier does 25% off suits/coats/shirts/pants.

What AE sale?

:hide:

@EZB love the full head wrap. Maybe I'll have to hit that up tomorrow when I go get lawn soil and grass seed at the Depot.

Today is just crap levi's and Truman Black Burgundy Ramblers for prepping the yard. Sadly far too windy for dropping the soil and seed today.

20200410_115626.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought them within a few hours of listing and it was the seller's first time to list them so I don't think they have been floating around out there for 6 months. Your legendary pair is probably still out there

Hmmm... Ashley sold a 12B some months back and I thought someone from the Facebook page bought them and moved them since they didn't fit. There could be another 12B pair out there, but it seems to be a rare size in probably AE's rarest shoe.

The unlined feeling of that boot is so good, I wish I could've had my pair relasted down a size!

Park Ave's are just a perfect "dress" shoe. Perhaps the best AE has ever done, which is why they have been around so long..Looking good today. Anyone else at the office?

Thank you! I agree, the PA is a great shoe. Always feel like I am important when I have them on! Office is fully staffed! No traffic on the roads, though, which is super nice.

Park Ave checks that box and the brown shell is just perfect. This pair has pretty nice variance in the coloration of the panels. The photo didn't show off too much, unfortunately!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please reconsider.

Edit: sorry for derailing more. Just trying to spread information during these strange times.

I will, and thanks. I might consider using the Lysol wipes with my bare hands. This virus really has brought attention to how many things I touch every day. One of the reasons I was wearing gloves is because I read that most people get it from touching their face. I am really bad about that. I touch my face at least 20 times a day, and it's almost impossible for me to stop that habit. I figured gloves might help prevent the viruses from getting to my face. I really want to take an antibody test to find out if that funky virus I had in early March was the thing. I take a bus to work where people were coughing every day in February and March. Could have just been colds or flu, but no way of knowing without proper testing.

To keep this AE related, I "wore" my University shoes today. Some of you might consider these. AE was practically giving these away last Fall.

20200410_093028.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today (April 10th) is both National Siblings Day and my younger brother's birthday. Here we are, a few years ago (during Eisenhower's first term as President) contemplating our futures. I'm the one on the right with his shirt tucked in.

394133_10151231027318396_1653474566_n.jpg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild (And Wind)" pictures and topiary elephant and/or merry-go-round pictures in shoe threads, here's a picture from April 10th 2019 when I went out to get a piece of cake to celebrate my brother's birthday. I'm wearing snuff suede Neumoks.

P1130812.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, the piece of cake I got to celebrate my brother's birthday.

P1130810.jpeg

lcdx22

Reaction score
I stupidly jumped the gun and purchased a pair of AE Strandmoks in Denim (blue) in the very early morning of April 7th (~3am). I paid $14.95 for expedited delivery for no particular good reason. Shoes arrived today. I’m happy with the shoes, but not happy that the price dropped $100 less than 24 hours after I made the purchase and before the shoes arrived. Does anyone know if AE is willing to do price adjustments in cases like this? I just messaged them through their website regarding the situation. A store credit/AE gift card would be fine. I had planned on buying at least another couple of pairs of shoes anyway during the Anniversary Sale.
their new policy is unreasonably short (can’t recall if its 7, 10 or 14 days or whatever but it is shorter than the return window) but you are eligible for a price adjustment. Just call them and ask

These policies always make me laugh because they make no sense. They will accept returns for up 90 days I believe. So if you have not worn the shoes just return and order new pair for less. This will actually cost them more money as they will give you a shipping label to ship old shoes back and then ship new ones.

Not shoe related but I was was at pottery Barn kids trying to get credit for an item that just went on sale that I purchased 2 weeks before. They wouldn't do it . So next day I went back with it to the store and asked again if they will just refund or give credit for price adjustment. They said no. I then proceeded to return which they processed and then I just repurchased the same item 5 seconds later.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will, and thanks. I might consider using the Lysol wipes with my bare hands. This virus really has brought attention to how many things I touch every day. One of the reasons I was wearing gloves is because I read that most people get it from touching their face. I am really bad about that. I touch my face at least 20 times a day, and it's almost impossible for me to stop that habit. I figured gloves might help prevent the viruses from getting to my face. I really want to take an antibody test to find out if that funky virus I had in early March was the thing. I take a bus to work where people were coughing every day in February and March. Could have just been colds or flu, but no way of knowing without proper testing.

To keep this AE related, I "wore" my University shoes today. Some of you might consider these. AE was practically giving these away last Fall.

View attachment 1368923
Man. I touch my face too; it's even worse now that I'm growing a Shelter in Place Beard.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man. I touch my face too; it's even worse now that I'm growing a Shelter in Place Beard.

I got a text directly from my commander with a link to the "relaxed grooming standards" memo which states emphatically that any grooming standards outside the control of our own homes are hereby relaxed and not enforceable for the foreseeable future. He made it abundantly clear that disposing of all shaving products did not constitute "outside the control of our own homes" and I assured him that I would keep facial hair within regs.

Man am I glad that wasn't a video chat. :hide:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1368923
If you guys are average you may be touching your face up to 20 times per hour. Now try to stop that.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this. Wearing gloves is a pretty terrible idea right now, unless you are continuously throwing them out and putting on new ones while you are out and about.
People have some odd idea that the virus can somehow be stopped from penetrating your skin with gloves on. It of course doesn’t enter the body that way, but people are much more lax about what they do and don’t touch when they are wearing gloves, sensing some sort of false invincibility.

People wearing gloves are more likely to transfer viral particles from place to place and infect other people this way. Or yourself. Wearing gloves to pump gas and then driving away with them on the steering wheel is just as likely to infect yourself than without gloves. And you are much more likely to wash your hands at some point along the way.

This is one of those “it sounded like a good idea at the time” kind of things that ends up backfiring.

Most people using PPE out there are doing it wrong. But it's also hard to blame them, since the general public doesn't get trained to unless their job requires it. Reminds me of this great image I saw of someone taking off their glove to use their phone and holding the glove in their mouth:

Wearing my last pickup of 2020 from Ebay.

View attachment 1368501

Is this a custom dye job? The color transition from rear to front is eye catching!

I stupidly jumped the gun and purchased a pair of AE Strandmoks in Denim (blue) in the very early morning of April 7th (~3am). I paid $14.95 for expedited delivery for no particular good reason. Shoes arrived today. I’m happy with the shoes, but not happy that the price dropped $100 less than 24 hours after I made the purchase and before the shoes arrived. Does anyone know if AE is willing to do price adjustments in cases like this? I just messaged them through their website regarding the situation. A store credit/AE gift card would be fine. I had planned on buying at least another couple of pairs of shoes anyway during the Anniversary Sale.

You will be fine. Just call their Customer Service line at 1-877-817-7615 and let them know you'd like the new discount to be honored. I was on the phone with them yesterday getting the 20% off discount on a Strand Weave that I ordered on 3/28 - took all of 5 minutes.

Working remotely again today. Great opportunity to get some use out of my navy suede Wooster Streets. These things are darn hard to capture on camera with my indoor lighting. With the quarantine, trying to do some weight exercises while sitting at my chair. And I am quickly running through my book backlog. Took a break late night to hit up the grocery store when there is no line (can't stand lines...) and make sure our fruit bowls and other things are filled.

IMG_20200410_000525.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads