• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Thank you! I really love balmorals and shortwings in general. They're Alden's Tremont last. The only last used for these shoes... The stock models are color 8 and black shell.

You know I've looked at the color 8 version and it didnt seem to pop at me. But your pair is just stunning. I love short wings as well. Looking to get the C&J Whiskey SWB. But more balmorals are on my list and I may have to revisit the Alden.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly I was torn, (no pun intended), I wanted to help, but the proper way to approach one in that case is beyond my ability.

The fellow didn’t appear to be absent the means to acquire better foot wear.
I can tell you if I were a hiring manager, I would flat out tell him why he didn't get the job.

michaeliany

Reaction score
Dang your weaseling hide!! I have been eyeing a pair for use when it snows and your picture just screams "BUY ME."
My wife brought snow shoes for me to wear but I took a chance and didn't change into them. The Long Branches worked all 3 days. Tubing, Hiking. Near the summit too. Very surprised and impressed.
Yes I think they cannibalized some suede TS sales by announcing the new shell offerings but I appreciate that they did so
This happened to me. I was considering a couple suede but in the end, I decided to wait and save for some shell. Plus, the waxed suede HM is right up my alley ever since it came out.
I have a rather specific question. Can anyone comment on the differences in fit between the Dalton and the Long Branch, if any. They are both on the 511 last. I tried the Dalton on and found I did not like the look of the wide lace gap. Is there any reason to believe the lace gap would be any different or smaller on the Long Branch?
I bought my local store SA-approved brannock size for the Daltons. Too tight for comfort and I even kept them a month before eventually returning them. Like Klitschko in Hayden.
This led me to size up a half-length for my Long Branch. Heel is good but roomy in the toe box. Not so roomy as if it's hotdog in a Kardashian. I just tighten the laces near the bottom. I sometimes wonder though if my brannock would fit better for the Long Branch.

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to share that Trenton & Heath will be visiting the Nashville trunk show! We'll be featured on their YouTube Channel speaking about some of the new additions to our collection and our strategy for AE trunk shows going forward!

Stop by if you'd like to meet them in person and say hello! :)

gv7123456

Reaction score
Pulled out my very first pair of AE for today, my merlot 5th Aves. I didn’t get my fit quite right, but I was surprisingly close. I got further away from my correct fit before I got it pretty much nailed.
5A574C3A-F986-4AA0-9DAC-3AE246B180D0.jpeg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough she hasn't been particularly supportive of me dressing nicer. Not against it just doesn't see the need (I didn't change jobs or anything just decided I couldn't dress like I was right out of college anymore).

Overall she is ambivalent to my shoes, thinks I pay way too much for them (That's at the $150 seconds/clearance prices). One of the reasons I use Paypal is that it doesn't show up on the CC. Not sure what she'd say about the 3 bills I just paid for my GS Navy Ottawa's; good thing I'm not going to tell her.

Sounds like we are married to the same woman.

She calls these tassel mocs my "bread shoes".

IMG_1155.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg

My loafers are easily the types of shoes she doesn't quite "get", but she's ambivalent towards the rest.

Great color combo with the olive and rust khakis!

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snippet of a conversation from this past weekend.

Queen Mother Weasel: “How about some magical brown Dundee’s that I found in the warehouse in your size?”

Me: “Take my credit card, please!”

**poof** Dundees appear.
299D1E3C-E8BD-4ECF-8581-36B44A850015.jpeg
I love having those types of conversations.

Last edited:

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough she hasn't been particularly supportive of me dressing nicer. Not against it just doesn't see the need (I didn't change jobs or anything just decided I couldn't dress like I was right out of college anymore).

Overall she is ambivalent to my shoes, thinks I pay way too much for them (That's at the $150 seconds/clearance prices). One of the reasons I use Paypal is that it doesn't show up on the CC. Not sure what she'd say about the 3 bills I just paid for my GS Navy Ottawa's; good thing I'm not going to tell her.
I think your wife is my wife.

Which could get awkward, but would certainly explain a few things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads