• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McGregor for wing tip Wednesday. I will always love these as my first foray into long wings back when I was deciding if the style was for me.

1NOlS78.jpg

SBGvbU0.jpg

vl0AzOS.jpg
Really nice, amigo. Great pictures too.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure I’ve ever posted on this thread before. I usually hear about a trunk show and then mosey on over here to see what’s going on and then again to see what was purchased. Anyway, I found a pair of Fairgates in shell no. 8 unworn. Someone’s granddaughter sold them for a nice price. I’m excited to receive them tomorrow and I will post pics!

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t get rid of @Shiner. He seems to be everywhere I go. Going with the Broadstreet this morning. The lady with the TSA really liked my “Staceys”. If you are familiar with Chicago that term says a lot.
View attachment 1339725

My Broadstreets are the only shoes my wife really doesn't like. She says they make me look like I'm on a casting call for a 1920's or 30's movie.

Olive Mercer 1st's and Navy Sea Island 2nd's should arrive today.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Broadstreets are the only shoes my wife really doesn't like. She says they make me look like I'm on a casting call for a 1920's or 30's movie.

Olive Mercer 1st's and Navy Sea Island 2nd's should arrive today.
I wonder why... My wife actually loves my McGregors.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder why... My wife actually loves my McGregors.

Oddly enough she hasn't been particularly supportive of me dressing nicer. Not against it just doesn't see the need (I didn't change jobs or anything just decided I couldn't dress like I was right out of college anymore).

Overall she is ambivalent to my shoes, thinks I pay way too much for them (That's at the $150 seconds/clearance prices). One of the reasons I use Paypal is that it doesn't show up on the CC. Not sure what she'd say about the 3 bills I just paid for my GS Navy Ottawa's; good thing I'm not going to tell her.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1339858
Happy with these seconds at $97 especially.

Some of the camo is crackly, would not pay firsts with that but won't affect my intended rough wear
(I wanted the lugs for a reason) . Gonna wear em like I stole em!

View attachment 1339859

On Friday, I have to drive 2 hours for a meeting with a redneck friend and customer.
Whether or not he will comment remains to be seen, but he will notice+like these Camo Mills. :)

At that price id jump too.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough she hasn't been particularly supportive of me dressing nicer. Not against it just doesn't see the need (I didn't change jobs or anything just decided I couldn't dress like I was right out of college anymore).

Overall she is ambivalent to my shoes, thinks I pay way too much for them (That's at the $150 seconds/clearance prices). One of the reasons I use Paypal is that it doesn't show up on the CC. Not sure what she'd say about the 3 bills I just paid for my GS Navy Ottawa's; good thing I'm not going to tell her.
I bribe mine with spa treatments, which cost as much as shoes anyway I think. She doesn't care about shell cordovan vs. calf vs. suede, but she noticed that I am much better put together.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late Monday post. O'Hare to TYS

Tan Strandmoks.
IMG_20200217_065736~2.jpg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday TYS to ORD

Hess Scotch Grain PTB
IMG_20200219_100259.jpg

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bribe mine with spa treatments, which cost as much as shoes anyway I think. She doesn't care about shell cordovan vs. calf vs. suede, but she noticed that I am much better put together.

I've been married for over 20 years and like many families one area of contention in the past was money. A number of years ago we decided to use a budgeting software so that everything is tracked and we can make sure that when unexpected things come up we already have money to cover it as we have budgeted for that category (for instance we have a car repair or household repair category). It has worked really well for us but I could see it not being needed or a hassle for others. We both have a set budget monthly for discretionary spending so there is no need to get any approval as long as it fits the budget. I think she still skirts this a bit as it seem like some of what the average wife wants tends to fall in the "family or household" category as opposed to just for her but of well.

If someone has a 4000+ sq. ft house and both have luxury cars and vacation abroad then I can see there would be no need to be diligent about budgeting.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been married for over 20 years and like many families one area of contention in the past was money. A number of years ago we decided to use a budgeting software so that everything is tracked and we can make sure that when unexpected things come up we already have money to cover it as we have budgeted for that category (for instance we have a car repair or household repair category). It has worked really well for us but I could see it not being needed or a hassle for others. We both have a set budget monthly for discretionary spending so there is no need to get any approval as long as it fits the budget. I think she still skirts this a bit as it seem like some of what the average wife wants tends to fall in the "family or household" category as opposed to just for her but of well.

If someone has a 4000+ sq. ft house and both have luxury cars and vacation abroad then I can see there would be no need to be diligent about budgeting.
We have a different arrangement. She has no idea how much we take home or spend. As long as the budget I present her allows her to get what she wants and needs, she is fine. Then I am free pay for what I need and want and set our savings. If my proposed budget to her is less than her expectations, we have to negotiate. We do live in an expensive zip code in a 4,000 sq foot house (if you count basement), but we both drive 13+ year-old cars. Mine has 235,000 miles on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads