• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Round laces on an HM? Classic Blake Stitcher move.

Those are fighting words. Say them to my face. I dare you. I'll knock you into a whole new profile name!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So funny that I am crying.

I know, right? First this guy comes along making comments about your wife and now he's commenting on my laces. What kind of a monster is he?

DawgPound

Reaction score
Query: if you had no suede in your collection what would you buy in this TS?
A strand in gray, which is the only suede pair I have (taupe actually)
C8A97E03-A58F-4877-A583-70BA046B73ED.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when you buy a new AE shoe, you end up getting a pair with a very soft, forgiving insole. This is one of many reasons I decided to keep the olive Strands I tried on over the weekend. They remind me a lot of my merlot PA shoes I bought in 2016. Also, since they fit like they should fit, that's another reason not to pass on them. There's enough variation in AE (and other brands) that when you find a good one, you should think real hard on keeping it.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take the OP's point as I was in that boat at one time. While my rare shell ownership is on the moderate end of the SF scale, I'm with @madhat on this. My rare shell looks great on the rack while my color 8 gets most of the activity. I am always considering moving whats left of my rare stuff.
Bingo!

And, honestly, from some angles my whiskey shell looks rather bleh...it's a fleshy color that just doesn't pop. When I shift the shoe a bit, it gets a more golden color that is much more attractive. Luckily, my pair just happens to look beautifully golden when I look down at my feet; the direct facing in my cabinet is when it looks unattractive.
....this line of discussion is too funny, it’s why I love styfo. I do have a feeling though that anyone wanting to get rid of their rare shell will find it very easy to do so. Then they’ll have plenty of money to get all the color 8 they want....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads