• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC QUESTION

For you guys with a lot of eBay experience. I'm bidding on something on eBay, I just got an email saying I've been outbid and should increase my bid, but when I go and look at the item, I'm the highest bidder. Does eBay have "shills" to get one to increase bid, even if already the highest?
Just wait until the end. No point in bidding it up before then.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and @ae_ashley I need a little maintenance help. I've noticed on 2 shoes now that the bottom portion of the sole seem to be separating and shifting from the top portion. It's really evident when I step and put pressure on the inside of the shoe - it shifts to the left even more then comes back when the pressure is removed. I'm not sure how well it comes through in the pictures and I'm not even sure if I'm describing it correctly. But.. what do ya'll make of this?
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

WNovizar

Reaction score
Oh, I'm not entering any more bids, I'm up to where I think my max is on it (Filson bag).
I bet you are in that spoo filson bid

WNovizar

Reaction score
Nevermind, I thought you are in ebay luxeswap filson bid

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Monday? Hopefully not too fuddy duddy.
IMG_20191202_092251.jpg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catching up on weekend shenanigans.
IMG_20191130_141512.jpg
IMG_20191130_123534.jpg
IMG_20191129_191814.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? I thought it was a sanded flesh (suede) side
Unless every place I have read about it in the past is wrong it's the grain side.
My top 5 fuddy duddy shoes in my collection:

1. Walton (brown)
2. Park Ave (brown gator)
3. Delray (bourbon)
4. Wilbert (brown)
5. Lasalle (chili)
I think because I rarely see younger men wearing gator shoes. If these were not purchased at 1/6th of the original price, these would not be in my possession.
You cray cray.
I guarantee there's younger guys here:
Hey guys and @ae_ashley I need a little maintenance help. I've noticed on 2 shoes now that the bottom portion of the sole seem to be separating and shifting from the top portion. It's really evident when I step and put pressure on the inside of the shoe - it shifts to the left even more then comes back when the pressure is removed. I'm not sure how well it comes through in the pictures and I'm not even sure if I'm describing it correctly. But.. what do ya'll make of this? View attachment 1291755 View attachment 1291756
Maybe not ideal, but it's somewhat common. I have at least one pair that has done the same. It shouldn't affect the integrity of the shoe, but if it really bothers you contact your SA directly with pics.

8}sprocket{8

Reaction score
My trunk show order showed up today. Overall I think I'm happy with them but there are a couple of items that I'm not sure about. I'm curious what other folks think. Are these items I should be concerned about? The photos below are straight out of the box. I haven't brushed them or done anything to them yet.

The left boot has a strange line of some sort of residue behind the cap. I'm assuming this will brush out.

The welt varies a lot in width. In some places it seems much wider than I expected and on one toe the stitching is right on the edge.

There is a blackish fuzzy spot on the inside of the left boot

The sole on the right boot was not well centered and the stitching goes through the divots.

I don't want to be a complainer but I also don't want to let things go now that I'll regret later.

After taking these photos I tried them on and the fit feels perfect. Overall, when I step back and look at the boots as a whole I think I like them a lot.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You cray cray.
I guarantee there's younger guys here:

In an old AE catalog, they advertised the Stirling with a picture from the Sopranos (I think). I sort of associate gator shoes with old mafia dudes, whether that's fair or not.

I'm going to purposely try to wear fuddy duddy shoes this entire week because that is the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads