• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shipping notice for trunk show Chili Leeds! Only disappointment part is that I live 30 miles from the factory but FedEx says they won’t be delivered until Monday.

Maybe check the status later this evening and see if it gets updated. This happened to me once and they updated the status and delivered the following day.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue shell MacNeils today, these are probably from TS 19.2 but they were seconds so I'm not sure when they were actually made. I love these shoes. Thought blue shell was too impractical but at seconds prices, I was willing to buy it. Now I want to get some green shell, too, and chili if it is offered again!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean at least theirs were near or at corners, so they could reasonably BS their way with the stewards. Seb just does it on the straights lol.
See thinks "I'm a world champion, so I should be allowed....." I would LOVE to see Ferrari have Leclerc and Verstappen, let Seb go to Renault or somewhere.....

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow I have seen that photo of the Dundees on the blanket MANY times and never knew its provenance. You have a really great collection.

Is that a Cuppucino Cambridge with fudged/wheeled edges? What a harken back to ye old days of MTO glory!

Thank you! It started innocently enough with the burgundy Dundee. Then brown and black. At the time Paul had just taken over as CEO at AE and not long after introduced walnut shell in the Dalton and Strand. Of course I purchased a pair of each and made the mistake of mentioning on here that I wish I could get a pair of Dundee's in walnut shell. bucksfan sent me a PM and suggested it was worth a shot to email Paul and see what he said, it was before the MTO program.

Took me almost a week to draft the email and get it where I wanted it and finally sent it to him. Couple of days later he replied back CC his admin assistant and told her to assist me in what ever I wanted. She was the most senior member at AE, which is why he picked her as his admin assistant, she bent over backwards to help me get what ever I wanted. That was an expensive email LOL. But well worth the effort.

They are McAllister's with the wheeled edges (single sole). @polojock615 helped me during my MTO make up and nailed it, spot on. I do like the Cambridge also with the double oak soles but find myself wearing them in more serious situations.

No regrets. None.
Love the sentiment, feel the same way.
Must stop loading up but, my closet has been transformed.

Great to see you visit,
You were the local OG of the
'real men use their boots' mantra!

Would love to see some patined shots, seems old is the new new.

These are the old new, ie, new.
View attachment 1284214
View attachment 1284215
Kiton wool jeans

Looking great and I am a sucker for a PTB! And yes good sir you are correct I have often thought I need to update pictures to show the patina that has occurred over the years.

View attachment 1284367

flying under the radar today. Brooks brothers soles do hurt my feet if I walk or stand too long and I much prefer the AE leather soles in the 65 last.

I am totally with you, love the 65 last. With the exception of the poron insoles that the BB shoes have.

I can’t...been thinking about this for days...I just can’t reduce the list. The more I think about it, the more I keep adding.

SMH

Same here and great collection! It is like asking me if I had to get rid of all my shotguns and only keep 5 which ones would I keep. What kind of demented mind could even grasp such a concept?! But I do understand the reasoning behind it. It is just that my brain refuses to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads