• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday everyone! I feel a little hesitant to post a lowly calf in the midst of all these glorious shell pics. But hey... I love these Oak Streets. Easily my most worn pair.

On a non-shoe note, I think I know the answer but I’m going to ask anyway because I trust the overall judgement of the board... mulling over a NWT Brookscool suit for around $100 with shipping from the bay. Should I or shouldn’t I?

View attachment 1280193
No experience myself but I do recall the reviews on their site are mixed. Maybe a review of them will help you decide.

Last edited:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited the Costa Mesa store after work yesterday to check on my TS order: Shaved HM and Navy MacNeil.
Both uppers are done and it should be soon.
I told my SA that we're going on vacation for about 2 weeks, starting next weekend.
Since TS orders go to the store first, he said he'd call me when they arrive and if I'm already on vacation, then he'd just hold them until i get back.
This is great because while i have good neighbors that I can text to safekeep deliveries, I prefer the option to have them remain at the AE store (less concern about FedEx handling).

It is strange that some have received their shaved HMs, very early on too. I ordered mine 15min after @polojock615 and he got his a month ago. I asked if there was anything that mentioned why mine was still in production but there was nothing noted in the computer.

So many beautiful TS shoes that others have shared and the anticipation is ebb and flow but certainly heightening as it nears - can't wait to receive mine.

As for some of the iffy TS quality shared here and on the FB group, I really wish they put their top people on these TS builds.
Like only the allstar team handles TS orders. Hopefully next time.

EDIT: and i had to order those Oxblood MacNeils. A freakin' steal. I looked at the Brown waxed HM again: drool. And everyone agreed that the Christmas shoes pricing was high but they will be discounted eventually.
I recently acquired the oxblood Mac's (at a higher sale price) and love 'em. Regarding the Christmas shoes, you may want to buy two oxblood Mac's as I've had the crazy thought that with a little green dye one could turn a pair into a "poor man's"Jingle Bell Mock. lol.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently acquired the oxblood Mac's (at a higher sale price) and love 'em. Regarding the Christmas shoes, you may want to buy two oxblood Mac's as I've had the crazy thought that with a little green dye one could turn a pair into a "poor man's"Jingle Bell Mock. lol.
Jingle bell mac

pbrandes

Reaction score
I see grant stone has a limited pre-order going of some NSTs for some light shell. Decent value proposition if you like their NST. C'mon AE bring us a NST boot like the portland!

These are very tempting...Exotic shell! For those unfamiliar with GS sizing: these are on their Leo last which runs wide. For comparison, in most AE lasts I am a 9.5E (EE in 65), but in GS Leo 9.5D fit is good (any wider would mean too much heel slip). Should be great for boots. Here are some shots of my GS PTBs in "cognac" which I happen to be wearing today — not as sleek as Leeds, but ... exotic shell. Not spoilered because... exotic shell.

IMG_4539.JPG

IMG_4540.JPG

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are very tempting...Exotic shell! For those unfamiliar with GS sizing: these are on their Leo last which runs wide. For comparison, in most AE lasts I am a 9.5E (EE in 65), but in GS Leo 9.5D fit is good (any wider would mean too much heel slip). Should be great for boots. Here are some shots of my GS PTBs in "cognac" which I happen to be wearing today — not as sleek as Leeds, but ... exotic shell. Not spoilered because... exotic shell.

View attachment 1280431

View attachment 1280433
The GS Leo last does not make a sleek looking shoe or boot, but it is damn comfortable, and, well.........shell

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice overcast natural lighting means more shell Strand family pictures. Apologies to anyone deathly bored of shell Strand family pictures.

Or if you're more into just the classics.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these LEs look fantastic - hows the build quality vs AE?

Build quality is top notch!

As others have seemed to note before me, their QC and quality are up there with Alden. Not a stitch out of place and the welt stitches are flawless and tight. I am duly impressed as a first time buyer.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice overcast natural lighting means more shell Strand family pictures. Apologies to anyone deathly bored of shell Strand family pictures.

View attachment 1280478

Or if you're more into just the classics.

View attachment 1280480

Such great lighting. The Strand pattern (along with the Cambridge) are just phenomenal shoes to show off shell's beauty.

Odradek

Reaction score
Walking around the supermarket this evening and suddenly felt like I'd stepped in a hole.
Took and other step. Something very weird.
Looked down and the whole heel had just dropped of my shoe without warning.
I thought this only happened to women in movies wearing stilettos.

Pressed it back on and slowly walked to the car.

When I got home I used superglue to stick it back on.
I'll take a look at it again in the morning.
Allen Edmonds Quinton.

Anyone else ever had this happen ?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walking around the supermarket this evening and suddenly felt like I'd stepped in a hole.
Took and other step. Something very weird.
Looked down and the whole heel had just dropped of my shoe without warning.
I thought this only happened to women in movies wearing stilettos.

Pressed it back on and slowly walked to the car.

When I got home I used superglue to stick it back on.
I'll take a look at it again in the morning.
Allen Edmonds Quinton.

Anyone else ever had this happen ?

View attachment 1280502
Who put on the sole and heels? I see something peculiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads