• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this was posted before, at least I could not find it in the past 10 pages of gallery pictures. From the 1971 AE catalog, the Tom, Dick and Harry wingtip.

View attachment 1278045

These are on Ebay now, (not my listing) in 11.5D. Very close to new old stock from 50 years ago.

View attachment 1278046

View attachment 1278047

View attachment 1278048

Notice how whenever there is a really rare vintage shoe on Ebay, it's always in black or grain. These also popped up. The soles look very new, but the uppers are creased pretty badly, but maybe they could be fixed with some attention.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this guy seem grouchy to anyone else? @St Hubbins ?
He definitely seems grouchy.

Quite a wild ride here lately to be sure. I’m pretty much caught up now.

Unrelated, but surprisingly OT...

I’m still considering a boot purchase. This $100 off boots has made that exercise interesting again. The waxed suede HM still appeals to me and the shell version for $625 is mouthwatering.

This early onset of winter with snow here is crippling my rotation. If I was totally nuts I’d buy myself two pair(s) of boots and at least have three (to four) boots to rotate through during these stretches of poor conditions.

I really need to make another effort at photographing some of my shoes for the purpose of selling them. But first I need a few supplies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He definitely seems grouchy.

Quite a wild ride here lately to be sure. I’m pretty much caught up now.

Unrelated, but surprisingly OT...

I’m still considering a boot purchase. This $100 off boots has made that exercise interesting again. The waxed suede HM still appeals to me and the shell version for $625 is mouthwatering.

This early onset of winter with snow here is crippling my rotation. If I was totally nuts I’d buy myself two pair(s) of boots and at least have three (to four) boots to rotate through during these stretches of poor conditions.

I really need to make another effort at photographing some of my shoes for the purpose of selling them. But first I need a few supplies.
The waxed HM's look awesome, EXCEPT Dainite :(. You should just buy yourself a couple pair of boots, and be done with it. A healthy boot "bench" is a good thing.........Oh, iPhone photo's do an ok job for selling shoes, at least on SF, if going the eBay route, may need something better.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Notice how whenever there is a really rare vintage shoe on Ebay, it's always in black or grain. These also popped up. The soles look very new, but the uppers are creased pretty badly, but maybe they could be fixed with some attention.

They look like a nice candidate for water reshaping if the new owner could not abide their creases when they are out of the trees. But even then the creases would likely return rather quickly.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somebody needs to remind the settler what mint condition means

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taking an evening out means evening shoes.
2D90B0E8-B7B0-452B-8C1D-D6701547DFB2.jpeg

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE Content Ahead.

I know, at my advanced age how could I be "new" to bourbon? But I am. Anyway, giving these three a whirl, with tonight's choice, the MM, being pretty mild with lots of flavor- both good for me. I have already tried the MM 46 and do find this one easier to drink.

And though not every night, nice dinners at home I am not so new to and tonight's was extra special and really hit the spot. Cheesecake will be for dessert- and you already know what that looks like.

and now, back to your regularly scheduled programming..

Attachments

• 20191112_200513.jpg
    20191112_200513.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191112_201442.jpg
    20191112_201442.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Non-AE Content Ahead.

I know, at my advanced age how could I be "new" to bourbon? But I am. Anyway, giving these three a whirl, with tonight's choice, the MM, being pretty mild with lots of flavor- both good for me. I have already tried the MM 46 and do find this one easier to drink.

And though not every night, nice dinners at home I am not so new to and tonight's was extra special and really hit the spot. Cheesecake will be for dessert- and you already know what that looks like.

Nice meal!!!!! I would love to have that, but since we are now on a "heart healthy" diet due to wife's stent, I can only look at photos. I like the MM myself, but not a big bourbon guy either. Now if we are talking Merlot.............

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-AE Content Ahead.

Good food and good drink!

If you're looking for bourbon suggestions some of my favorites include Angel's Envy, Willett's, and really anything from the Buffalo Trace distillery.

Are you a scotch fan? Scotch is my jam.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice meal!!!!! I would love to have that, but since we are now on a "heart healthy" diet due to wife's stent, I can only look at photos. I like the MM myself, but not a big bourbon guy either. Now if we are talking Merlot.............
Only thing in that meal not heart healthy is that potato

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS 19.2 bourbon shell Strands have arrived! They seem to be flawless. Even the burnishing on the toes, something I don't ordinarily care for, looks great. It's very subtle and adds a little depth. Cannot wait to wear these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads