• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalaso

Reaction score
TS Higgins mill came today, with what looks like glue (?), but feels more like rubber, at the juncture of the tongue and the throat. It won't come off easily without me picking at it with my fingernail, which I'm hesitant to do.

Also, the fourth overhead shot of the toes shows the edge of the left shoe jutting out quite a bit more than the right with a staple showing through at the tip?! Both issues are in that left boot. The right seems fine to me

I love the color of these, but would like some opinions as to what to do here. I'm not particularly nitpicky about my boots, but this is also GMTO, and both of these issues seem more structural than superficial, which is what concerns me. aybe not the glue (I don't know, it's at an obvious weak spot), but the staple seems a bit much, no? I plan on wearing these *hard*, got commando soles, and this doesn't bode well in my opinion. @ae_ashley is this within acceptable range of QC for GMTO?

View attachment 1259494
View attachment 1259495
View attachment 1259496
View attachment 1259497
View attachment 1259498
The "staple" should definitely be under the welt, they are/were used to keep all the components together (see attached pic of dismantled shoe. By itself, I might accept that its part of the "handcrafted" manufacturing process, but combined with the adhesive that seeped through the lining and outer leather I'd contact your SA as I'd feel those are not a first quality product.

View attachment 1259502
I agree, the staple is what bothers me, not just for superficial reasons. As long as the glue isn't structural, fine. But you can even see the glint of the staple coming through on the other boot a bit too. Here they are from a distance "in full glory", shaved on commando

Attachments

• 20191014_153839.jpg
    20191014_153839.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 40

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sure looks sweet in my head, and pretty much every suede or trunk show HM I saw that had the translucent lug sole looked amazing. Does one of your suede pairs have it? Maybe that was @ace13x ?
No. IMO the translucent lug sole is garbage.

Also the goal of that GMTO was to have no changes to the standard make up other than reverse kudu since this was an attempt to prod AE to start doing some GMTOs.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TS Higgins mill came today, with what looks like glue (?), but feels more like rubber, at the juncture of the tongue and the throat. It won't come off easily without me picking at it with my fingernail, which I'm hesitant to do.

Also, the fourth overhead shot of the toes shows the edge of the left shoe jutting out quite a bit more than the right with a staple showing through at the tip?! Both issues are in that left boot. The right seems fine to me

I love the color of these, but would like some opinions as to what to do here. I'm not particularly nitpicky about my boots, but this is also GMTO, and both of these issues seem more structural than superficial, which is what concerns me. aybe not the glue (I don't know, it's at an obvious weak spot), but the staple seems a bit much, no? I plan on wearing these *hard*, got commando soles, and this doesn't bode well in my opinion. @ae_ashley is this within acceptable range of QC for GMTO?

View attachment 1259494
View attachment 1259495
View attachment 1259496
View attachment 1259497
View attachment 1259498
GMTO? I haven't even heard of one going on.....huh?

Shelterdog

Reaction score

well just learned that my TS order is not even in production yet so my HM and I practiced some patience with one of my foster pups. She has been with me for over a year but fingers crossed that she can find her forever home before my Chili Dundees and Bourbon HM make it to mine

darkclassic

Reaction score
View attachment 1259551
well just learned that my TS order is not even in production yet so my HM and I practiced some patience with one of my foster pups. She has been with me for over a year but fingers crossed that she can find her forever home before my Chili Dundees and Bourbon HM make it to mine

Cheers -my chili Dundees arent in process yet either. Nice looking pup there.

goalaso

Reaction score
Think he was interchanging TS and GMTO as we here, would have known about a true GMTO.
Yes I interchanged the two terms. I hate to be one of the ones complaining, but I can't say I'm pleased with these at all, esp not the left boot

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Monday forum pals. Its a day for suede.

schweezly

Reaction score
Welp, that didn't take long...

Same guy had a pair last time, and I think in a different size. I’m guessing they just can’t find there size, because he’s not making any money at that price. With tax he paid close to $800, and eBay/PayPal will cost him close to 10% of the sale.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

darkclassic

Reaction score
Same guy had a pair last time, and I think in a different size. I’m guessing they just can’t find there size, because he’s not making any money at that price. With tax he paid close to $800, and eBay/PayPal will cost him close to 10% of the sale.

I've listed rare shell and been questioned for bumping up the price as well (when only covering my fees). The only kicker here is that its such a limited item and he SHOULD have been in the store to be able to score this anyhow so should have known his size.

schweezly

Reaction score
I've listed rare shell and been questioned for bumping up the price as well (when only covering my fees). The only kicker here is that its such a limited item and he SHOULD have been in the store to be able to score this anyhow so should have known his size.

I agree, that’s true. Based on location, they could have gone to the Chicago location for sure. Guess there’s a chance the final product wasn’t for them

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless he was that guy who got the SA in Manhattan to order him a pair in absentia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads