• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, as promised, here are a couple of quick shots of the burgundy HMs that were delivered today. They came in the newer, lamer style box along with boot bags.

Pardon the poor, iPhone shots and bad lighting, but I had to rush back to work for a conference call and didn't have tons of time. The dirty kitchen table was getting the best natural light at the time, so I set up there. It's tough to accurately photograph their color in this kind of environment. They're dark, but you can definitely get the lighter tones coming through in the right light.

Also, at one point, I was getting double images in here. I think I deleted them all, but if they come back, I apologize in advance. It's probably Tim Apple's fault.

Right out of the box.

IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2918.JPG IMG_2919.JPG

Added shoe trees, laced them up, and gave them a 30-second brushing.

IMG_2920.JPG

V-tread soles. Not the most popular sole around here for the Trunk Show, but was the best choice for me to give it some traction and keep a low profile.

IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2922.JPG

Noticed something on this shot with the right shoe.

IMG_2923.JPG

Small blemish in the shell, seen in closeup. Looks like a scar on the horse's ass. My best guess is that it's where the horse chose to repeatedly shoot up with HGH in hopes of one day becoming a centaur.

IMG_2924.JPG

Another 30 seconds of brushing and it dissipated a bit. # of f*cks given regarding this? 0.0

IMG_2925.JPG

Small mark on inside of right shoe. I think it will get better with brushing. # of f*cks given? 0.0
IMG_2926.JPG

How do they fit? Right off the bat, like they were made for my feet. Really need to tighten those laces down moving forward.

IMG_2928.jpg

Snapped another quick shot in the kitchen when I realized that the edited photo on the wood floors cut off part of the shoe.

IMG_2927.jpg

All in all, I really like these a lot. The color is unbelievable, even though it doesn't really come off that way in photos. I'm planning on wearing these tomorrow to work, even though there's a 10% chance of rain. I'm willing to risk it in order to get these out into the real world. Hopefully, I'll get some better shots for you all then. In the meanwhile, it's back to the cognac McTavishes I was wearing earlier and a few more conference calls before burying myself in Excel files and pricing documents.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, as promised, here are a couple of quick shots of the burgundy HMs that were delivered today. They came in the newer, lamer style box along with boot bags.

Pardon the poor, iPhone shots and bad lighting, but I had to rush back to work for a conference call and didn't have tons of time. The dirty kitchen table was getting the best natural light at the time, so I set up there. It's tough to accurately photograph their color in this kind of environment. They're dark, but you can definitely get the lighter tones coming through in the right light.

Also, at one point, I was getting double images in here. I think I deleted them all, but if they come back, I apologize in advance. It's probably Tim Apple's fault.

Right out of the box.

View attachment 1139619 View attachment 1139619 View attachment 1139620 View attachment 1139621

View attachment 1139622

V-tread soles. Not the most popular sole around here for the Trunk Show, but was the best choice for me to give it some traction and keep a low profile.

View attachment 1139623 View attachment 1139624

View attachment 1139625

Small blemish in the shell, seen in closeup. Looks like a scar on the horse's ass. My best guess is that it's where the horse chose to repeatedly shoot up with HGH in hopes of one day becoming a centaur.

View attachment 1139626

Another 30 seconds of brushing and it dissipated a bit. # of f*cks given regarding this? 0.0

View attachment 1139627

Small mark on inside of right shoe. I think it will get better with brushing. # of f*cks given? 0.0
View attachment 1139628

How do they fit? Right off the bat, like they were made for my feet. Really need to tighten those laces down moving forward.

View attachment 1139629

Snapped another quick shot in the kitchen when I realized that the edited photo on the wood floors cut off part of the shoe.

View attachment 1139632

All in all, I really like these a lot. The color is unbelievable, even though it doesn't really come off that way in photos. I'm planning on wearing these tomorrow to work, even though there's a 10% chance of rain. I'm willing to risk it in order to get these out into the real world. Hopefully, I'll get some better shots for you all then. In the meanwhile, it's back to the cognac McTavishes I was wearing earlier and a few more conference calls before burying myself in Excel files and pricing documents.

In the daylight, that color will pop right off the pavement, looking forward to more, tomorrow!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@donkeyhoatie I really like alot of your shoes, but not these. They kind of look like rubberboots

Honestly, it's just my photography skills and the rushed nature of this. In real life, I promise you, they look nothing like rubber boots. I'm confident that pictures in sunlight tomorrow will show them off the way they were meant to be seen. I won't be home until late tonight, but I may try to get some shots indoors with better lighting and see if that does it. Burgundy is just tough to shoot, given that it starts out so dark. Plus, with no brogueing or pinking on these, and no additional pieces, it's tough to get the same kind of contrasts you might with lighter colors and shoes with more components to them (like Strands or MacNeils, or even a First Avenue).

I'll do you proud on the pictures moving forward. I promise!

Shoonoob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laced up and treed. Hangin with their cxl brother.
20190307_141704.jpg

@schweezly I am certain my goal for this TS was not practicality as I am rarely a practical person. Although I think these Higgys will be worn very often. My goal was awesomeness and I feel this goal has been exceeded. My only regret is I could not afford both of these in every color offered.
20190307_141639.jpg

Everyone's TS shoes are fabulous!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Right out of the box.

View attachment 1139619 View attachment 1139619 View attachment 1139620 View attachment 1139621

View attachment 1139622

View attachment 1139625

View attachment 1139626

View attachment 1139627

View attachment 1139628

View attachment 1139629

View attachment 1139632

Awesome man! This gives me further resolve to darken the welt on my #8 Alden pair! I really think the combi was a good sole choice too.
@donkeyhoatie I really like alot of your shoes, but not these. They kind of look like rubberboots
To each his own, but you crazy. :D

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right out of the box.

View attachment 1139622

View attachment 1139625

View attachment 1139626

View attachment 1139627

View attachment 1139628

View attachment 1139629

View attachment 1139632

That is one smokin' pair of rubber boots, brother!
Its amazing how dark AE's burgundy is, this go 'round. Like that eggplant color the other company gets.
Get them in sunlight though....
Also, I like the vtreads. Put them on my HMs as well. I was thinking Commando, but changed my mind in favor of the lower profile.
Congrats!

View attachment 1139650
@schweezly I am certain my goal for this TS was not practicality as I am rarely a practical person. Although I think these Higgys will be worn very often. My goal was awesomeness and I feel this goal has been exceeded. My only regret is I could not afford both of these in every color offered.
View attachment 1139653
Two beautiful pair of boots there, noob.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1139650
View attachment 1139653

Those green Higgins look great! The Blue 1st aves look pretty sharp too.

I really don't know why these colors are not offered on more models. Most seem to get 1-3 colors and a few like the Strand, Park and 5th Ave get 4-6.

I'd love my 5th Streets in green, navy or Merlot (brown and black only of course).

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A picture of today’s suede boots before I go into fantastic shell overload.

38DF799E-430B-4595-A183-C3DACAE1C899.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nostradamus