• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst start imaginable to the weekend and my trip to TX, postponed leaving as this 7 year old lady hadn't improved so we went up to the vet t9 thank her for being part of the family. Gonna miss the hell outta this one.

View attachment 1132037
View attachment 1132038

They deserve more time than they get.

The road trip, while late, beginneth thusly (left my razor at work so i had to stop off on the way).

View attachment 1132040
Pets bring us a lotta love. Thoughts with you guys @armedferret

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unpacking from moving recently. Found my old briefcase & Daytimer (remember those???) Cleaned and conditioned the leather. They look great - complements the natty Strands.

20190223_115907.jpg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny @FatTuesday I was looking for my old DayTimer yesterday. Found it, but I had already purged all the contacts from 20 years ago. That leather looks great.
I hit them both with neatsfoot oil. They are in great shape, especially the briefcase. Testament to investing in good quality leather.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with Cobbler's Union? Looking at a pair of leather trainers, Uno in green. Thoughts? Thanks.
I have a hard time when the lasts page has descriptions such as, SOHO-While we hope you take our boots off-road, they are really designed for the city. The Soho offers the perfect combination of country-side ruggedness and urban elegance.
Everything you need to know except fit. I suspect that there medium width is closest to an American E. Made in Spain on English sized lasts. I would want to talk to someone personally before buying.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have really liked seeing some of the green boots lately. @BagleyBrown has especially caught my attention with a couple of pairs from Rancourt.
And then the trunk show hit. I ordered the bourbon HMs, but kind of wished that I had also bought a pair of boots in the green shell. I already have three pairs of HMs, and another on the way though.

I thought that the First Avenue boot would look great in green shell. But my two pairs of First Avenue boots fit a little loose. I’ve got a brown pair that is not too bad, but the tan pair has been so loose that I haven’t worn it in two years. I had put that pair aside to eventually sell.

I wore the brown First Avenues earlier this week. They fit better than I remembered, and even felt a little tight by the end of the day. So I tried the tan pair a couple of days later and found that they actually fit pretty well.

OK. So the First Avenue is a workable option in terms of fit. It’s still a lot of cash to lay out for another pair right now. I’m still recovering from recent veterinarian bills for our oldest cat. This gave me an idea though.

After some leather dye and cream polish, I now have a pair of green calf First Avenues.

E8CBEC2C-FE77-424F-83A0-8137AD5DE515.jpeg

46BDF3F8-DA32-485C-B4BE-888CF34BE431.jpeg

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time when the lasts page has descriptions such as, SOHO-While we hope you take our boots off-road, they are really designed for the city. The Soho offers the perfect combination of country-side ruggedness and urban elegance.
Everything you need to know except fit. I suspect that there medium width is closest to an American E. Made in Spain on English sized lasts. I would want to talk to someone personally before buying.
Thanks @Shoenut I'm going to pass on them. That damn Green Shell has turned me upside down.

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have really liked seeing some of the green boots lately. @BagleyBrown has especially caught my attention with a couple of pairs from Rancourt.
And then the trunk show hit. I ordered the bourbon HMs, but kind of wished that I had also bought a pair of boots in the green shell. I already have three pairs of HMs, and another on the way though.

I thought that the First Avenue boot would look great in green shell. But my two pairs of First Avenue boots fit a little loose. I’ve got a brown pair that is not too bad, but the tan pair has been so loose that I haven’t worn it in two years. I had put that pair aside to eventually sell.

I wore the brown First Avenues earlier this week. They fit better than I remembered, and even felt a little tight by the end of the day. So I tried the tan pair a couple of days later and found that they actually fit pretty well.

OK. So the First Avenue is a workable option in terms of fit. It’s still a lot of cash to lay out for another pair right now. I’m still recovering from recent veterinarian bills for our oldest cat. This gave me an idea though.

After some leather dye and cream polish, I now have a pair of green calf First Avenues.

View attachment 1132192

View attachment 1132191
Yes! Great color there @mreams99

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1132192

View attachment 1132191

These look great, I did not even know I had a thing for green 2 years ago, but find it a fun alternative to the norm. Really nice too with those pants.

Clever, win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads