• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourdoggies

Reaction score
5C83DB82-E105-4E56-AD45-7224AACC4ACB.jpeg

Walking the dog..in case you can't see all the hair.

New MacNeil 2.0s from Nordstrom Rack. Kind of a mixed bag and lots of firsts for me.

1. I haven't had a shoe in this pebble grain before and it looks nice, but doesn't feel as nice as some others. I almost want to say that it looks and feels kinda cheap and flimsy.
2. First Danite sole. Super comfortable. Surprisingly so even. But I just prefer the leather b/c I think leather belongs on a shoe like this. If not, I might go Danite much more often from now on since I am really liking it so far.
3. Lots of little QC issues that I'll forgive because I'm not a nit picker, they were cheap, and who knows how long they were sitting at NR.

But overall, I am very happy with this shoe and I think it's perfect for what I wanted it for. Casual, everyday stuff like throwing on some jeans and dog hair and going for a walk.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well when you have access to the auto skills center on post, you take advantage whenever possible.....6 bucks an hour for a lift? Okey dokey! :hide:
Auto Skills Center? Is that were the motor pool guys do stuff for you? Or do you simply have access to the lift/tools/skill set of motor pool guys.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, though I guess it could add up over time.

I just hate the process of putting the cars on jackstands - stressful, worried I'm going to screw something up/damage the car and never entirely trusting while I'm under there...
I have a friend who installed a hydraulic lift in his "garage" (actually and outbuilding) makes life easier.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last time I did my Odyssey’s brakes I put that big ass thing up on four jack stands. I achieved my fastest time for both axles’ pads and rotors. Seemed like a pretty solid setup but of course a lift would be way way better.
So you had to jack up each corner, then put the jack stands under? I'm so glad my GTI is still under mfgr warranty, just take it in and surf the web on their wi-fi until they are done. Lift is the way to go though, have a friend with an outbuilding - his "garage" and he put a hydrolic lift in. Way cool. He can put a vehicle up high enough to work under it standing up.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1129676

New MacNeil 2.0s from Nordstrom Rack. Kind of a mixed bag and lots of firsts for me.

1. I haven't had a shoe in this pebble grain before and it looks nice, but doesn't feel as nice as some others. I almost want to say that it looks and feels kinda cheap and flimsy.
2. First Danite sole. Super comfortable. Surprisingly so even. But I just prefer the leather b/c I think leather belongs on a shoe like this. If not, I might go Danite much more often from now on since I am really liking it so far.
3. Lots of little QC issues that I'll forgive because I'm not a nit picker, they were cheap, and who knows how long they were sitting at NR.

But overall, I am very happy with this shoe and I think it's perfect for what I wanted it for. Casual, everyday stuff like throwing on some jeans and dog hair and going for a walk.
Dog hair is a fact of life at my house, hell- it's a condiment at dinner.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Auto Skills Center? Is that were the motor pool guys do stuff for you? Or do you simply have access to the lift/tools/skill set of motor pool guys.

Neither, just a spot on base where a fella can do work.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1129676

If memory serves, the 2.0 has poron inside. That'll make the dainite a bit less noticeable. Beware single soles without poron, they can be a little stiff.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score
View attachment 1129676
First Danite sole. Super comfortable. Surprisingly so even. But I just prefer the leather b/c I think leather belongs on a shoe like this. If not, I might go Danite much more often from now on since I am really liking it so far.
Great pic, but we need some dog photos, too, please. Don’t tease us.

I’m a Dainite lover - I have it on those same MacNeils and two pairs of boots (without Poron) and have always found it very comfortable. I’d get it on a lot more of my shoes if I could - it works great for me in walking in wet weather.

Also, if you look on Crockett & Jones website, they put Dainite on almost all of their main collection: country boots, suede chukkas, pebbled derbies, short wings, and dressier bals. I love my shoes with leather, but also love Dainite, too.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1129676

I’m a Dainite lover - I have it on those same MacNeils and two pairs of boots (without Poron) and have always found it very comfortable. I’d get it on a lot more of my shoes if I could - it works great for me in walking in wet weather.

Also, if you look on Crockett & Jones website, they put Dainite on almost all of their main collection: country boots, suede chukkas, pebbled derbies, short wings, and dressier bals. I love my shoes with leather, but also love Dainite, too.

I have black and red Dainite on Poron and without and the Poron is more comfortable but I don't have an issue with either.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That tracks my experience w dainite.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1129624
View attachment 1129623
This is the kind of thing that prevents me from being able to buy much of anything with confidence and one reason I’ve been sitting on the sidelines for the trunk show. I’d rather not have any shoes than f*** up ordering a $750+ pair that I can’t return. The Higgins Mill is the only one I’d probably take the leap for. Still TBD.
2u3loj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads