• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Alan

Reaction score
Even if paid for in the previous year? I believe we had this discussion around January of last year as well. Personally, I count them when they arrive, some may count the actual paid date as date of acquisition.
The question becomes, at what point is ownership transferred? If you’ve paid, but the selling company still has possession of the shoe, do you really own them yet? There is still the prospect of an order cancellation at that point, and yes, you may have purchased them, but you have not acquired them. You could say that you bought them but you can not say that you ‘got’ them.

Technically, you have not acquired a product until you’ve received it, and this is what completes the transaction. It therefore does not qualify as an aquisition (something you’ve acquired) until you have it in your hands.

AJ1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the trunk show works? Is this in store or online? Specific locations only? Want to make sure I don’t miss it when it happens. Some natural strands would be a great addition.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5D826698-1183-40BC-8695-2FA2E93CF7AB.jpeg EA36C65C-C028-4F8A-92A5-3F5B2825290B.jpeg
Happy New Year fellow weasels. Hats off to @St Hubbins for starting the page so for my first post I would like to do it Hubbins style. For a 20 year coat, this Cashmere blend has performed. When I bought it the coat was considered an entry level to fine outerwear. It is 70% Cashmere with 30% recycled Cashmere. The lining is 100% Viscose. I believe viscose is the precursor to Rayon. AE jeans from last year, a cotton button down shirt that I can no longer identify the brand and the Suede HM.
I am already posting to the wrong thread. Wow.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would someone please explain to the newbies how one may obtain Allen Edmonds Friends and Family™ (also referred to as AEFF) status?

Also, how does one apply the Allen Edmonds Friends and Family™ discount at checkout? Is this applied strictly by a sales associate, or is there a way to do it through an online purchase from the Allen Edmonds website?
You have AEF&F status by the fact that you are active on this thread. To receive the discount, call a Sales Associate and ask for it.

(Then let us know how that worked.)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe that is the @Shoenut clause.
In the fine print I do have the Spousal clause which states: If you fear spousal repercussions it is perfectly acceptable to call them a last year acquisition. Second clause is the @St Hubbins cluase which states: If you have beaten yourself to a pulp over a purchase any lie about that purchase will fly.

Christopher Alan

Reaction score
By the way, a while ago last year I bought and paid for those dark brown Jefferson 1.0’s in 10D that are listed on eBay. After that, they just sat, as the seller failed to ship them and would not answer a single one of numerous polite messages from me. I waited a long time for them to ship, kindly requested a tracking number, and after they just never shipped, I gave up and asked them to simply cancel the order. They did so promptly. I don’t know what the hell happened there, but just a heads up, if you buy those don’t expect to have them soon.

My point is, I bought those shoes but I did not acquire them. I cannot say those were a 2018 aquisition. I may have paid but they were never mine.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the fine print I do have the Spousal clause which states: If you fear spousal repercussions it is perfectly acceptable to call them a last year acquisition. Second clause is the @St Hubbins cluase which states: If you have beaten yourself to a pulp over a purchase any lie about that purchase will fly.

Normally I’d call those subordinate clauses, but probably not wise to call the spousal one that ...

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have bought from Dabondo does he lower prices? I’ve seen the same pair go back up at least three times for the same price.

I missed Ebay’s Last 15% off or I would have made an offer on them.
He doesn't seem to lower prices very often. He is very receptive to offers.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’re open for business in 2019.

This is your one-stop shop for all things Allen Edmonds on Style Forum. Stop here for fit and style advice. Also, post pictures of your Allen Edmonds footwear, new and old. Off topic? Sometimes. Rumors and innuendo? If you must.

I’m still holding onto some hope that we’ll see some good things from Allen Edmonds in 2019. Maybe I’ll even buy a pair.

Now let’s keep it clean.

Well that sucks the fun out of it.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would someone please explain to the newbies how one may obtain Allen Edmonds Friends and Family™ (also referred to as AEFF) status?

Also, how does one apply the Allen Edmonds Friends and Family™ discount at checkout? Is this applied strictly by a sales associate, or is there a way to do it through an online purchase from the Allen Edmonds website?
Your best bet is to develop a relationship with a trusted SA. Send an email with your intent to make multiple AE purchases and ask for any discounts that you can use to get your first few pairs going. Also, nothing is wrong with emailing a list of shoes on your wishlist. Just make sure that the top of the list has some shoes that the SA can easily obtain. Then list the wild crazy stuff that is very rare and let the SA know that you are good with SMU’s that come close to your wish list. I gave my SA a special email address so I know any email from that address needs to be checked on and answered stat. I got my Fifth Streets and a few other scores that never showed up online.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Normally I’d call those subordinate clauses, but probably not wise to call the spousal one that ...
My wife always lets me know that I am the boss and in charge. She even will refer to me as “My Lord”. It only took me 10 years of marriage to realize that my subordinate wife calls every shot that is important to her. She is the Mexican version of the wife in My big fat Greek wedding.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30% off Board of Directors offer on the website. Just add items to your cart.
Hmm, I wonder how my wife feels about becoming a collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics