• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjdgjdgjd

Reaction score
Off Topic: Page 2000! We did it!

Edit: Missing pic added.

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?
That’s the post that made it go to page 2000???
There should have at least been a picture. I guess you edit your post to add a picture of one of your pairs of AEs.
Uh-huh, it's a great team Kent! We never gave up hope...I wanna thank Jesus and say hi to my special lady Marge. We did it baby! Whoooo! Whooooooooo!

homer we did it.jpg

gjdgjdgjd

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?
That’s the post that made it go to page 2000???
There should have at least been a picture. I guess you edit your post to add a picture of one of your pairs of AEs.

In my giddiness at being the first post to hit page 2000, I forgot what is truly important.....SHOES! See edit with some Leeds with red/white candy cane-ish laces that could use a good cleaning.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh easily- we went 100 pages (from page 1816) since November 23- with the holidays here (holiday parties, Acquisitions, any surprise releases, rumors for next year), I bet we hit 2000 before Christmas.

Hell, my posts about tacos while im drinking too much at Christmas parties will account for at least 5 pages of material...

Called it!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what exactly is going on here? The fact that they specifically refer to the sock liner as leather makes me think the insole and midsole are synthetic (and the reference to foam is even more worrisome). They also say that they have "lightweight construction properties" which screams synthetic. Has anyone gotten the scoop on this?

z6cnrxY.jpg

20z367.jpg

Thats the scoop.

Recraftable? Sure, but why? Its a throwaway shoe. A four hundred dollar throw away shoe that will soon be hitting clearance just like all the other crapola they've dreamed up over the last year.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received the email about "new styles added to clearance", but I honestly didn't see anything new when I checked the site.
You would think that with all this computer savvy that is out there companies could send emails that are better in tune with your buying habits. I get emails all the time for shoes that I just purchased.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies regarding the McGregor seconds I posted this morning; I wanted to be told to keep them--so thanks for that--but because they are my first pair of seconds I didn't want to keep a pair I should've sent back.

Tried to get a description of the defect from the WI store but I was told they were in the warehouse and could not be examined. Legit, or salesperson who just didn't care to look? Unfortunately I am 2 hours + away from the nearest shoebank (Paramus).

In addition to my first seconds (!) these are my first pair of walnut; I know they are not to everyone's taste but man what a beautiful color!

Legit, the main warehouse does not check shoes. Do yourself a favor, when you want something call Kristen @Paramus and tell her what you want. She can possibly sneak them into her store on a restock or call around and see if another brick and mortar outlet has them.

Personally, those are perfectly fine for seconds. the pushed in part is nothing that won't be much less noticeable than the creasing that will develop with wear. The misaligned eyelets, while annoying, are a fact of seconds life. There are some lacing patterns that can alleviate it to some degree. But if it bothers you that much, well, its your money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads