• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell Townley Tuesday, er, Wednesday:

Buster Brown

Reaction score

Fantasy time folks!

If you could have any pair of AE shoes or boots made in shell, what would it be and what color?

Bleecker Street in walnut shell. Natural and garnet/color #2 would be close seconds. If AE ever reintroduces the Bleecker Street, I'm buying one in every color and a couple extra in chili for future use. That could be my 'one shoe.'

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bleecker Street in walnut shell. Natural and garnet/color #2 would be close seconds. If AE ever reintroduces the Bleecker Street, I'm buying one in every color and a couple extra in chili for future use. That could be my 'one shoe.'

I love my Bleeckers! Such a versatile boot. I've wondered if I would get them resoled down the road or not... But would kill for a pair in walnut or natty.

Buster Brown

Reaction score

Thanks for advice! Unfortunately, the 65-lasted shoes were the first ones that I bought. I've been wearing shoes that were too wide my whole life, so I didn't yet know what a properly fitting shoe felt like when I got the first ones. It wasn't until a few wears that I realized it. Live and learn..

I'll probably go with 11.5B (there is no C option) for the MDxAE chukka and hope for the best. It's too bad because if I was confident in the sizing, I'd pick up both chocolate and snuff. If it turns out to be too narrow, what is the consensus on stretching suede shoes? Same deal as stretching calf, or is it a no-go for some reason?

The suede will definitely stretch. I've already noticed some narrowing in my lacing gap. The sole, however, is a different story. These are cut 'sleek' and a wide foot will feel the edges of the sole. The unlined suede means your foot sits on the sole more like a sandal. Mine are just at the edge of comfort - an 1/8 of an inch difference here or there and it wouldn't work. As always, feet differ and YMMV.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of shell wish list... I'd love a Portland in a lighter shell! Higgins Mill or Shaker would be pretty awesome too!

eagleman

Reaction score
Too much shell for this guy to handle today. I either have to wash the donkey or beat the golf ball. Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf by AE. All of my shoes are AE.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Taking a few days off work to hang out with the brood. Here's a pic of my new belt next to my virgin Oak Streets. The belt seems to be good quality. My only gripe would be that the end of the belt is just squared off and not rounded or shaped. What do you think about the match? I wish it was a bit closer, personally.

lodemia

Reaction score

Taking a few days off work to hang out with the brood. Here's a pic of my new belt next to my virgin Oak Streets. The belt seems to be good quality. My only gripe would be that the end of the belt is just squared off and not rounded or shaped. What do you think about the match? I wish it was a bit closer, personally.

Thump anyone on the head who notices a difference, unless it's someone you're attracted to. If the latter, put a ring on him/her before it's too late.

eagleman

Reaction score

It may not be a perfect match but you are the only one that will know it. I think they look great together. What pants will you wear those with?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Practicality of brown grain dundees? I'd imagine very high. Over Leeds anyway

Very high - I only have the MacNeil in grain, but With the nature of the leather, I can wear it with everything from jeans to wool dress pants and a blazer. Same thing with the Dundee- I think you could gat away with anything short of a suit.

The grain goes really well with a "British countryside" look imho- think Barbour/tattersall shirt/tweed jacket/chinos

roz77

Reaction score
All this talk of the brown grain Macneil makes me very sad that I didn't pick one up when they went in clearance. I can't find a pair on Shoebank or eBay either. Here's to hoping they bring it back sometime this year (along with Navy suede Strands, Gray suede Strandmoks, and Oxblood/Black Sheltons).

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
About a year ago, I bought a pair of brown grain dundees, and they looked terrific. After I bought them, but before I wore them outside the house, I found a pair of barely-worn brown grain Leeds spends-hand for about $40. After thinking it over, I decided that, between the brown grain leeds and several other pairs of (non-pebble grain) chukkas, my still-returnable Dundees were redundant.

Now that they have been discontinued, I wish that I had kept them. They're incredibly versatile -- they seem more "fun" than a plain toe blucher like the Leeds, but they're still dressy enough to pass muster at all but the most formal of occasions.

Practicality of brown grain dundees? I'd imagine very high. Over Leeds anyway

MansardRoof

Reaction score

On the topic of shell wish list... I'd love a Portland in a lighter shell! Higgins Mill or Shaker would be pretty awesome too!
My request for Higgins Mill in Natural Shell was turned down because they need to keep some on hand for warranty work.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that the steady stream of shell shoes has been impressive. Even though I have a couple of pair of non-AE shell shoes, I have been hesitant to chase them at current prices.

So I will play with a non-AE shoe/ leather.

Gravati Croc full-strap penny loafers in brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads