• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daltons from the cordovan event arrived
1f917.png

3dd17141be08c93492ef5279cf1836b0.jpg

To be honest, I've never much cared for the Dalton.

Those, however, make me tingle...

MansardRoof

Reaction score
1f917.png

335e76f594ee7ec808b31aa957e0af7e.jpg

Absolutely magnificent. I can only imagine the insane color character they'll pick up over the years. :slayer:

Cambridge for me today.

Wife - "Going for the Wicked Witch of OZ thing today with your striped socks and ruby shoes?"

Me - "Nah. I'm just married to one SNAPPPP!!!"

Fun morning.

Those are amazing! Deep regret not ordering more than 1 pair.

FaRKle

Reaction score
I am SO EXCITED my pair arrive today! The only down side is that I am off on Thursdays and I will have to wait till Friday to wear them to work.

Well that's better than not wearing your new MacNeils till you have brass eyelets added to them...

Ooops, hope I didn't give you any ideas
mwink[1].gif

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Well that's better than not wearing your new MacNeils till you have brass eyelets added to them...

Ooops, hope I didn't give you any ideas
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Already on it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on how to take care of Dublin leather? Is it like CXL so no polish required? Will Saphir Renovateur be a good idea?

Last edited:

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing oxblood Eagle River today. These were an SMU, that I picked up BNIB from Ebay couple of years ago.

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations on how to take care of Dublin leather? Is it like CXL so no polish required? Will Saphir Renovateur be a good idea?

AE shoe care document states clean with AE Conditioner/cleaner and use walnut polish. AE stopped making the conditioner/cleaner, so I would personally use either leather lotion or Bick 4. I think most of the time no polish would be needed by using other LL or Bick 4.

DoubleOldFashioned

Reaction score

1f917.png

335e76f594ee7ec808b31aa957e0af7e.jpg
Wow, those are complete stunners. Fantastic execution of the materials from the hard working folks toiling away at AE HQ.

To be honest, I've never much cared for the Dalton. 

Those, however, make me tingle...

My thoughts exactly. Daltons aren't my thing, but that shell pair has changed my mind.

Y'all have me looking at Dark Chill MacNeils waaaaay more than I should be. That said, I found out yesterday that I'm due for a gnarly tax refund, soooo....

Got mine on today, in fact. Darkened the toe with some burgundy Saphir polish - I'll probably do some coats of light brown to have it match the Chili on the rest of the shoe. Better pounce on the Chili Macs like a hobo on a ham sandwich...they'll be gone soon.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah, me too. I was really taken by the eyelets in this pair initially, which is why I ordered them. Not the best view, but it will work.

drinian

Reaction score
Decided to wear my Allen Edmonds Chester that I found on Ebay a while back. Sadly it rained but I was able to keep them mostly dry.

Last edited:

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question, noticed the other night one of the eyelets on my First Avenue isn't flush? Is this a DIY or should I take it to a cobbler? My gut said glue it back down...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AE shoe care document states clean with AE Conditioner/cleaner and use walnut polish. AE stopped making the conditioner/cleaner, so I would personally use either leather lotion or Bick 4. I think most of the time no polish would be needed by using other LL or Bick 4.
The Dublin Strands I have are definitely not Walnut.Too dark. Maybe brown with bourbon mixed in? Will stay away from polish unless desperately needed. I think the Saphir Ren will be sufficient.

Thanks for the input!

ULCajun

Reaction score
Practicality of brown grain dundees? I'd imagine very high. Over Leeds anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads