• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mat Waites hey me too!

Crappy weather calls for grain and Dainite. Also, everyone posting about MacNeils over the past few days made me want to wear mine:

Also, I'm kind of thinking I should've held onto the Dark Chili MacNeils I returned several weeks ago, duplications in my collection be damned...

Last edited:

Shoes4play

Reaction score
@Mat Waites hey me too!

Crappy weather calls for grain and Dainite. Also, everyone posting about MacNeils over the past few days made me want to wear mine:

Also, I'm kind of thinking I should've held onto the Dark Chili MacNeils I returned several weeks ago, duplications in my collection be damned...

That's right. You can never have too many Macneils.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walnut Wednesday with my Flatirons.

wristandfeet

Reaction score
The crease just in front of the line of broguing isn't uncommon, although yours looks more severe than usual (it normally doesn't stay pushed down like your pic, unless you're flexing in the pic).

Thanks! Here is a picture of the creasing. On top, the shoes are put on the table without flexing. The bottom is when I put just a tad of pressure on the toes. Only the right shoe suffers from this. All of this happened within 2 minutes of wear on the carpet.

My hunch is to reach out to AE and see their response. But appreciate any guidance here as well.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I blame @SLCRich for this pickup... For 1/6 of retail (appear to be a "tried on pair" via that eBayer), I figured what the hell. Like many AEs, they look much better than the stock photos. I went with my 65 size. They are a tiny bit short and have a decent amount of volume, but should work. They are SUPER light. I am hopeful these could be decent travel/airport/walking shoes on work trips where I pack a more formal pair. I'm not sold on the gummy sole, but they seem to have as much support as my newer gumlite LBs. Time will tell... but for the price it was worth the shot.

Also, first leather that I have ever seen Bick 4 actually darken. Its been 24 hours now and they still haven't come back to the lither rougher leather look. Happy though, as I think I like the darker color better. Pic below shows the difference, after about 24 hours and a test run yesterday. Tongue didn't get any Bick 4.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Thanks! Here is a picture of the creasing. On top, the shoes are put on the table without flexing. The bottom is when I put just a tad of pressure on the toes. Only the right shoe suffers from this. All of this happened within 2 minutes of wear on the carpet.

My hunch is to reach out to AE and see their response. But appreciate any guidance here as well.

Looks like the crease is exacerbated by the sewing machine line.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Well the heel is telling so think that would be a good guess by him, and AE only made a few for another brand and they have a distinctive heel.

It is a boot judging by the height, check. Not normally associated with AE or at least suggested by the subtle language, check.

Left to Right not the Bayfield, check. Not the 744 or shell, check. Not a Red Wing as AE didn't make any RW shoes or boots that I am aware of. Could it be Dublin leather made for XXX and called the YYY? Nah.... (Obviously in a different color).

15min left, want to claim the prize?
fing02[1].gif

Shoes4play

Reaction score

CMT1

Reaction score

Daltons from the cordovan event arrived
1f917.png

3dd17141be08c93492ef5279cf1836b0.jpg

335e76f594ee7ec808b31aa957e0af7e.jpg

Absolutely magnificent. I can only imagine the insane color character they'll pick up over the years. :slayer:

Cambridge for me today.

Wife - "Going for the Wicked Witch of OZ thing today with your striped socks and ruby shoes?"

Me - "Nah. I'm just married to one SNAPPPP!!!"

Fun morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads