• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see another Tiger on this board. I did my undergrad in MIS and completed my masters few years afterwards. I don't khow how it is now, but back in the days RIT wasn't the school to attend if studying wasn't your only priority, even for the business majors
smile.gif
As another EE I never thought there would be so many of us represented here - I'd be shocked if anyone at work ever showed up with something better than a bicycle toed pair of Bass. This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a shoe acquisition, but a similar level of wallet drainage- adopted a sister for our other kitten today:

That cat reminds me of the female acquaintance of Dr. Thackery that shows up halfway season 1 of The Knick. Sorry - that was mean, but also funny.

Echoes14

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement (unrelated to shoes): Dr Strangelove is playing in theaters tomorrow the 18th and Wednesday the 21st.

http://www.tcm.com/fathom/

I figure since you all have good taste in shoes, you might have good taste in movies as well.

....and I'm off work on Wednesday! "Snowden" on Tuesday with my wife, Dr Strangelove on Wednesday. Sounds like a good weekend!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love a pair of Shakers!

There was a very brief window when the BB 2nds were all $99. There was a lone pair of BB shakers in my size that a certain SM of Jeffersonville who takes the same size as me I'm pretty sure got them for herself....
baldy[1].gif

namgungh

Reaction score
Recently I purchased Mcallister Merlot 1st on clearance, firsts for $250ish wasn't so bad so I took my chances.

However, I sent it back since I felt like something was wrong with shoe, and AE confirmed that it was defect :(! They told me they no longer have any other pairs in my size.

Given the situation, they told me they would honour me any pair of shoe upto its original price tag (~ie. $395).

At first, I instantly wanted Walnut - Strand 1st at no additional charge. but after browsing, I wanted to get Jefferson 2.0.

I asked if I could get Jefferson 2.0 Merlot 1st as exchange pair, and they told me I 'll need to pay additional of $100.

Is Jefferson 2.0 worth additional $100 ? why are the 201 last priced higher than 65 last?

Thanks in adv,

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I purchased Mcallister Merlot 1st on clearance, firsts for $250ish wasn't so bad so I took my chances.

However, I sent it back since I felt like something was wrong with shoe, and AE confirmed that it was defect :(! They told me they no longer have any other pairs in my size.

Given the situation, they told me they would honour me any pair of shoe upto its original price tag (~ie. $395).

At first, I instantly wanted Walnut - Strand 1st at no additional charge. but after browsing, I wanted to get Jefferson 2.0.

I asked if I could get Jefferson 2.0 Merlot 1st as exchange pair, and they told me I 'll need to pay additional of $100.

Is Jefferson 2.0 worth additional $100 ? why are the 201 last priced higher than 65 last?

Thanks in adv,

Sure is. The quality of the leather is much better too.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work for a hotel company, and don't worry about the sheet brand. Focus instead on the thread count. Higher thread count will always lure the women. Only problem is, it's not exactly something you bring up when you're trying to get them in there.

I have Sheex. They work great once you get used to them. Keeps ya cool! Need it in Texas!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was a very brief window when the BB 2nds were all $99.  There was a lone pair of BB shakers in my size that a certain SM of Jeffersonville who takes the same size as me I'm pretty sure got them for herself....
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

That would never happen to me and my extra-large feet.

DeathandTaxes

Reaction score
(Sorry for the double post. Pease delete this one if possible.)

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a batch of Olive Shannon Drives went up on the AE eBay store. If the picture is correct, it appears to be the vastly superior (imo) version with the Butyl sole. However, the description seems to be at odds with the photo. Please buy all of them before I am suckered in by the very reasonable price. You know, because I need ANOTHER pair of wingtips.

Also, could you please provide some "in the wild" pictures of the same (preferably on the Butyl soles)? Based on my Google image search results, @M635Guy appears to have a pair. I'm sure there are others.

Thanks.

Last edited:

DeathandTaxes

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Higgins Mill boots but when I got home I noticed the left boot strikes the front part of the heel because it is not flat:

Should I expect this to get better, I will grow to not notice it, or is this something I just need to exchange?

Thanks!

Last edited:

terras14

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to AE but I am keen to get a Ascher loafer in last 606. I measure 7.5D in brannock so can i order the same for his last? Any advise will be greatly appreciated to start off AE journey. Thanks in advance.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@terras14 You're giving me very little to go on. You have nothing else to compare this to, you're going solely based on brannock (I'm asking). High arch, low arch? What do you generally wear - 7.5 all the time? No width change? With no other info, my generic response would be that 4/5 people would probably hate the ascher in any size, 1/5 would love it like crazy.

Oinkedmoo

Reaction score

As another EE I never thought there would be so many of us represented here - I'd be shocked if anyone at work ever showed up with something better than a bicycle toed pair of Bass.  This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Wow, great to see so many EEs!

What do you guys wear to the office? I feel that my AEs with khakis and a polo already get enough attention, but I know I can dress better without being too out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads