1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Thanks and now I feel better was a bit worried if I should or should not wear them tomorrow if the gap was not right.

2. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

I blame the forum for my Cordovan captivation.

Question: Do you think you can wear a Bradley or Leeds with a suit and tie? Sportscoat and Dress slacks? Both seem a bit causal to me in person.

3. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

These are the 1.0's that I picked up at the shoebank for $147.

I know the new 2.0's are on a more sleeker last but these do fit well so I'm happy plus these were $100 less than 2.0 seconds.

I know someone here has the 2.0's so tomorrow I will post some pics on my feet that will show the true look of the shoe and if we can get a 2.0 pic to compare that's great.

4. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Crappy kitchen lighting, but I didn't get a chance to do this earlier in the day:
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  5. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Both are fine with sports coat & dress pants. I personally wouldn't wear them with a suit. But even if you did, they'd still look better than 90% of the shoes worn with suits by other guys.

1 person likes this.
  6. TexasTexter

I totally get it. I got the ones of Ebay for $179 last month. I think after shipping it was more like $200. I've yet to see the Oxblood one.

Does anyone have one to post????

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  7. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I also went with the merlot McAllisters today:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. TexasTexter

I like mine but I really can't wear them with much.....I may return them since they've never been worn...and now they are on sale! LOL

9. TexasTexter

Those look between chili and walnut in the pics. Nice.

10. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I think that they can be worn with lots of things, including corduroy, chinos, and jeans in just about any color but blue.

1 person likes this.
  11. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

If you have any concern, wear them indoors on carpet only for a few days. You won't get a ton of footbed settling, but you'll have a better idea overall of the fit and feel.

12. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

How are you liking them so far? Are you finding them versatile enough? Ever since I tried a pair on a couple weeks ago, I've been thinking about them pretty seriously.

13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I don't need these, but I am curious about what last these were made on. Possibly the 333? These have been on Ebay for about a year now. If they are still around next year, maybe I'll consider them.

Easton:

[​IMG]

14. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

I haven't had a chance to wear them yet because I got them two days ago, but I like them. I tried them on with a few outfits and think they look real nice with dark denim and chinos. Didn't you say you wanted the Neumok in acorn hilfire? If you couldn't find your size than you should consider the Strandmok in tan. It's the same leather as the acorn hilfire Neumok. I originally wanted the snuff suede Strands, but didn't want to pay over 300.

1 person likes this.
  15. cnation

cnation Well-Known Member

your right! tears are dropping down..... So darn cheap

16. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I just got them this week, and yesterday was my first chance to wear them. I do like them quite a bit, and can see them getting a lot of use.

1 person likes this.
  17. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

A few months ago, I called the CAC to inquire about a pair that was on eBay.

The CAC could see that pair in inventory (not sure if same for all shoebank outlets).

They were available for less than the eBay price by a few dollars with shipping included.

If considering any eBay pair, it may be worth calling into CAC to see if this works again, as you may save shipping plus a few bucks.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Lobster33 Whoa, haven't seen those in a long time. The Easton was on the 000 last which is long gone. The best advice I can give you would be - go to the retail store and try the McGraw, the ORD (with and without the insert), and the SFO (with & without). If you can dial in a specific size, start with that.

Back into hibernation mode - see ya buddy!

19. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Flatiron Friday. These are bourbon. I know reviews were mixed on the forum, but I've really liked these. Due to the last shape and informal lacing (blucher, three eyelet) I've found I wear these occasionally with jeans or even a medium blue suit.

3 people like this.
  20. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Casual Friday
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.