• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soupy

Reaction score
I love it. Merlot/Chili/Oxblood/Burgundy Monday. Quite the grouping. Plus Mondays can be gloomy so this'll add some flavor

As promised, my Merlot Fifth Ave again for Merlot/Chili/Oxblood/Burgundy Monday. Over the weekend I gave them some cleaner/conditioner and a fresh application of shoe cream to put some life back in this old pair. I think I'm overdue for something in Oxblood. Perhaps the upcoming April sale...

NorseHorse

Reaction score
Brown McAllisters today. V Gap look ok on these? It's my only pair on the 65 that seems to gap close to a full inch at the top. Keep in mind these are only the second time I've worn them, so I'm hoping they loosen up. The burnishing turned out awesome on these.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As promised, my Merlot Fifth Ave again for Merlot/Chili/Oxblood/Burgundy Monday. Over the weekend I gave them some cleaner/conditioner and a fresh application of shoe cream to put some life back in this old pair. I think I'm overdue for something in Oxblood. Perhaps the upcoming April sale...
Love those socks too. I'm thinking I need a pair of oxblood golf shoes...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Merlot/Chili/Oxblood/Burgundy Monday

bishopcraiga

Reaction score
First post so I hope I get this right
620efa412e4a08296dc5f2b1b128b339.jpg

AE for BB Strands

Not visible, cheap office carpet. Please forgive the pebble watch. Sometimes function trumps form.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

barto78

Reaction score
Well, i received the RL (AE) Singleton's today and my heel in both the L & R shoe slip a fair amount. The sides and front of the shoe feel great, but my heels are slipping out. I guess to be fair, i am wearing a pair of wool blend socks, so that might be aiding in the slip. That said, the question i now have is do i go down in size to a 9.5 D or just return them altogether.

Also, the color is not close to the reddish/brown pair we saw earlier in the thread. Sadly, i think that particular shoe was a one off and the burnished brown calf look (as you see here) is all they currently make.

Anyone have any advice on what i should do? Ralph Lauren doesn't have the 9E or EEE in stock, so my only bet is to go for the 9.5D which i think will not be a proper fit.

An update a week later....

Shoes fit awesome and no longer slip off my heel on either foot. So glad i stuck it out and kept them because had i tried to squeeze my foot into a 9.5D, then i would have essentially wasted my money. I can tell already this shoe is going to be a personal favorite for years to come as the color has really grown on me over the last week.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An update a week later....

Shoes fit awesome and no longer slip off my heel on either foot.  So glad i stuck it out and kept them because had i tried to squeeze my foot into a 9.5D, then i would have essentially wasted my money.  I can tell already this shoe is going to be a personal favorite for years to come as the color has really grown on me over the last week.

Great to hear! I really love mine in tan.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap office carpet,
Just 'nuther monkstrap Monday.
(Credit to Bangles.)

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need some help with belt coloring. Wondering if it is possible to get a belt that would go reasonably well with both my chestnut 6th aves and my cognac McTavish below?: Looking at the clearance belts on ae's website.
This might make your day: Xerxes Ave, on Amazon. But, depends on size.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HAPPY MERLOT/CHILI/OXBLOOD/BURGUNDY MONDAY EVERYONE! McGregor in oxblood on this fine day. Bonus points for having the forum up in the background?

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HAPPY MERLOT/CHILI/OXBLOOD/BURGUNDY MONDAY EVERYONE! McGregor in oxblood on this fine day. Bonus points for having the forum up in the background?
Having the forum up in the background is a shameless attempt at trolling for thumbs up on your post. And it damn sure worked for me.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown McAllisters today. V Gap look ok on these? It's my only pair on the 65 that seems to gap close to a full inch at the top. Keep in mind these are only the second time I've worn them, so I'm hoping they loosen up. The burnishing turned out awesome on these.

IMO, your good; and I think your right, after a good break-in they should close up a touch more.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Walnut Daltons from the Bergen Center outlet. Will post pics on Wednesday (if it drys up around here). Also came close to breaking the shell barrier with a pair of Dundees, but alas a bit too loose. Got another pair (that I'm not hopeful about) on order just because they're going to honor the 15% off from the opening sale.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
So they put the Shreveport on sale, but not the Leiden weave. My guess is the Shreveport will be on clearance for cheaper than sale price after the sale, to be replaced by the Leiden Weave. Other than a possible belt, and maaaayybe a Sea Island, I think I'm sitting this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads