• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score

Bourbon Daltons on their maiden voyage, looking a lot more red than any bourbon shoe i own (Larchmont and Mora 2.0). I like it, cuz it reminds me of Bob's Chili:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may (or may not) be on the future runs, but the supply of suede is hardly constrained. I'm sure CF Stead will make as much of it as anyone would care to order. So unless MassDrop has some sort of copyright or licensing agreement with AE, I'm sure there will be more Janus Chukka's in the future, as there were (the Mojave 2.0) in the past.

Ultimately your right, people will pay what they are willing to pay.

Here again, I ask.........where are the pics of the MD Chukka? Have they yet to be delivered?

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And wallet ;-)

LOL. I know people say "I can't afford shell" I said the same thing when I saw the ad last year "have a Cordovan Christmas for $599, I threw that flyer in the trash. Then I got to counting how many shoes I never wear that are sitting on the shelf. I counted up how much money I had tied up in them and how much space they take up, I made a decision to have 1 shell shoe over 4 or 5 others. I haven't regretted it. I returned as many as necessary to get the shell shoes I wanted. It's all a matter of perspective and preference. That being said....I see those suede Blue Strands are on sale! Darn AE! They know I can't resist a blue shoe! LOL.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bourbon Daltons on their maiden voyage, looking a lot more red than any bourbon shoe i own (Larchmont and Mora 2.0). I like it, cuz it reminds me of Bob's Chili:

Those are nice, I think my choice in that boot would be Oxblood based solely on pictures. I ordered a pair of those in Bourbon and cancelled them because I felt like I might not wear them with all the others I have in my rotation, as it is I need to thin the herd!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going with a Christmas theme a little late. Glove to let you guys know it's in the single digits here. Thanks in advance for any "it's perfect/amazing golf weather where I am" he said sarcastically...

I mean, I'm just sayin, this was today:

Kevin24

Reaction score
Out of the Hopkinson, Park Avenue, and Exchange Place, I think the EP has the edge on style and form. It's sleek like some of the more contemporary European Oxfords. Out of the three I wound up with the Hopkinson, which I like for other reasons. I also wound up ordering a Carlyle in black. I think I'll keep it as I like black shoes in general and plain toe black shoes in particular.
Since we are on the topic of oxfords, does anyone think it would be redundent to have to have both the Park Ave and 5th Ave in black as well?

I ask as I have a pair of black Park Aves I bought used off of Ebay when I had no money in college(the uppers are in good shape but the rubber heel part is starting to come off) and I thought I'd add the Fifth Ave as an adjunct sort of speak. Since I am looking for a conservative interview shoe to join the Park Ave.

Am I better off saving my money and using that money to get a pair of brand new black oxfords, getting something more diffrent like the Herring Chamberlain, or would I be fine getting the Fifth Aves?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since we are on the topic of oxfords, does anyone think it would be redundent to have to have both the Park Ave and 5th Ave in black as well?

I ask as I have a pair of black Park Aves I bought used off of Ebay when I had no money in college(the uppers are in good shape but the rubber heel part is starting to come off) and I thought I'd add the Fifth Ave as an adjunct sort of speak. Since I am looking for a conservative interview shoe to join the Park Ave.

Am I better off saving my money and using that money to get a pair of brand new black oxfords, getting something more diffrent like the Herring Chamberlain, or would I be fine getting the Fifth Aves?

I would get the heel replaced/repaired on your PAs, and add a brown shoe (like the 5th Ave).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78