• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All-Clad Copper Core

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have All-Clad Stainless as well, but Mauviel has been calling my name for quite some time. I put mine in the dishwasher; that was why I bought them as opposed to LTD or MC. To each their own. I would not buy copper-core, though I like them aesthetically.

Hoff, you're killing me with all of your fantastic kitchen wares. I WILL have some Kramer knives. Damnit.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Hoff, you're killing me with all of your fantastic kitchen wares. I WILL have some Kramer knives. Damnit.

I get yearly family teasing because nearly all of my gifts are kitchen related... as if I'm the housewife. That Kramer knife is silly sharp; it leaves a smooth edge on a carrot like it was cut with a laser.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Care to share the site? I've always purchased mine from Amazon or from my local kitchen store in their big annual sale, but I wouldn't mind saving more on some pieces.

http://www.cookwarenmore.com/

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spence
I've got some Bourget copper and it rarely gets used. They are just too heavy and bulky for my small kitchen. It's nice to have the 3qt evasee though for sauces and other likeminded tasks.

The best bang for the buck cookware I've found it Sitram Catering. Copper performance at 1/2-1/3 of the price.

-spence

We've got a ton of Bourgeat (literally
wink.gif
) and use it all of the time. For anything other than a skillet, I think it is unbeatable.

spence

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
We've got a ton of Bourgeat (literally
wink.gif
) and use it all of the time. For anything other than a skillet, I think it is unbeatable.

I'm sure it's all brilliantly polished as well
rimshot.gif
smile.gif

-spence

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paderno and Le Creuset for me, thanks.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spence
It's a good thing they have a return policy. Some of the seconds I've seen I wouldn't want...that being said I do own 2 which you'd never know...

-spence

My dealings with them were very good. I requested on item which they didn't have in stock and they emailed me telling me they did have what I wanted, but that they were more damaged than the usual little scratch. I believe I went with a different size. Everything I received from (about 10 items) was pristine. Most suffered VERY minor blemishes on the exterior of the pot. The biggest scratch i saw was about half a centimeter. Still, I look forward to owning some copper.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Paderno and Le Creuset for me, thanks.

Le Creuset is good for some things but horrible for an all-around saucepan with which you need quick responsiveness to changes in heat. A good sauce pan or saute pan should either be thick aluminum or copper. This is not so important for stock pots.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Le Creuset is good for some things but horrible for an all-around saucepan with which you need quick responsiveness to changes in heat. A good sauce pan or saute pan should either be thick aluminum or copper. This is not so important for stock pots.
No, it is great stuff all around. Are you so good a cook that you really need quick response to heat change?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, it is great stuff all around. Are you so good a cook that you really need quick response to heat change?

I find it very useful for sauces, especially when doing anything involving butter. Of course, I have a double boiler for things like hollandaise. It's not that I am so great, but it definitely makes it easier to get better and more consistent results. I can't imagine using an enameled cast-iron pot for saucemaking.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I find it very useful for sauces, especially when doing anything involving butter. Of course, I have a double boiler for things like hollandaise.
I hate double boilers. I learned to make Hollandaise by just moving the pan on and off of the heat.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate double boilers. I learned to make Hollandaise by just moving the pan on and off of the heat.

That's what I did until i got a double boiler.
teacha.gif
I find this requires a bit less focus, which is good since I am usually doing many things at once in the kitchen.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Demeyere Atlantis worth the 100 dollar premium over All-Clad Stainless? We need 2 new frying pans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads