• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Lardini

Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize if this subject has been discussed in length. However I did a deep research into the threads but didn’t find comprehensive info.

Gents, here are my questions: how does the quality of Lardini suits compare to Caruso or Corneliani?

What do you like the most about Lardini suits if you own any?

Have you heard of the Lardini Sartorial line? It is supposed to be their top line.
Anyways, how many lines are there?

I have ordered two suits online and they are due to arrive on the 9th of Feb. I will update you on my experience with the suits if you are interested.

Thank you so much.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lardini quality ranges from good to very good. The Sartoriale like is on par with Caruso mainline and is fully canvassed.

Their styling tends toward shorter jackets however.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than being fully canvassed, it has handmade button holes, sleeves, and collar.

Reaction score
Good info. Thank you so much. How would I be able to tell if I were to buy one online? In my experience, most sellers are vague when I want to clarify such details.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the Caruso mainline? Does it have a name?
"mainline" just means the 'standard' Caruso line. I don't think Caruso has any other lines, but I could be wrong about that. It makes purchasing Caruso a little more straightforward. In contrast, Corneliani has the ID and CC lines, for example.

Reaction score
"mainline" just means the 'standard' Caruso line. I don't think Caruso has any other lines, but I could be wrong about that. It makes purchasing Caruso a little more straightforward. In contrast, Corneliani has the ID and CC lines, for example.
Oh I see. That makes sense. Do you know anything about the different jacket fits or drops? I have tried some Caruso Suits in size 44 and they fit like I am wearing my baby brothers suit. To tights in the arms and shoulders.
What do you say to that?

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Italian sizes tend to run a bit small compared to American sizes. If you're usually a 44 but a 44 (54IT) is too small for you, try something bigger. If the shoulders, chest, and waist are good, but the arms are hilariously skinny, then you want to talk to someone to ask them if they make something similar with wider armholes and sleeves. Often the problem is in a shoulder-chest mismatch, but shoulders and chest being good but armhole being wrong is common enough too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads