• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden snuff suede loafer sizing

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have been lucky enough to find a pair of snuff suede loafers by Alden. Not LHS, but very similar, and also on the van last. The 9Ds fit superbly around the toe and vamp, but tend to slip off my heels. The 8.5s are snugger on the heel, but too tight everywhere else.
I tend to feel the 9s are the better bet, but are there any tricks to tightening up the heel slip?
Insoles? If so, would you have any recommendations?
Or some padding inside the heel?
Many thanks indeed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_093209_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_093209_Photos.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 653

jeradjames

Reaction score
Which models are these? I'm looking at the 6221L as the 6234F are sold out in the 8.5 everywhere I've seen. The 9 I just bought slip on my right heel. I added some heel tabs and honestly it didn't make much of a difference even with 2 of them

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Van last has wide heels; I have similar issues with them. If you only have a small amount of heel slip, I find tongue pads (they stick on the underside of the tongues) to be the most useful single thing to try. The next would be a thin half-or full-length insole. The pads that stick onto the inside of the heel cup don’t work IME.

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
Which models are these? I'm looking at the 6221L as the 6234F are sold out in the 8.5 everywhere I've seen. The 9 I just bought slip on my right heel. I added some heel tabs and honestly it didn't make much of a difference even with 2 of them
These are 5735Fs, from Trunk. Machine-stitched apron/moc toe, slightly different shape. I
couldn't find the 6243Fs anywhere in my size (was told 1-2yr wait...really?!), so this was second best.
Interesting re. heel tabs...was going to try them.

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
The Van last has wide heels; I have similar issues with them. If you only have a small amount of heel slip, I find tongue pads (they stick on the underside of the tongues) to be the most useful single thing to try. The next would be a thin half-or full-length insole. The pads that stick onto the inside of the heel cup don’t work IME.
Interesting, thank you. Easy finding on eBay, or should there be a specific maker i should target, for tongue pads and/or insoles?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
felt tongue pads are easy to find. The adhesive is very sticky, making them near-impossible to reposition, so I'd suggest just temporarily attaching them with masking tape or something similar to test the fit.

I used a thin flat leather insole - maybe 1-2 mm thick, to take up a little room under my foot. However I think this is more dependent on your own foot and how much volume you have inside the shoe. I don't think an insole is the solution for everyone with a loose heel; it can help if you need to fill in some volume in the shoe. Since it lifts the entire foot, if you don't have enough room over the top of your foot it may create excessive pressure. You don't want an insole so thick that it lifts your heel out of the shoe, which is of course the opposite of what you want.

multiccy-csa

Reaction score
Thank you @breakaway01 , the tongue pads were a great shout. there is little heel slip now. i wouldn't like to go and run across Departures to make the gate in time in them, but they'll do for pretty much everything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads