• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PhiPsi32, sorry if I missed any of the details earlier. I'm interested to know the details of the following:

- sole (commando is 1st choice, then neo/cork?). If commando, is it the mini-lug?
- welt: flat welt or storm welt?
- welt: 360 welt or close heel (I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Modified last boot with a 360 welt)
- welt: in black?
- sole edge: also in black?
- speed hooks or no speed hooks?
- pull tab at back or no pull tab?

I'm looking to get as close to the LS Kudu Ultimate Indy as possible except on the Modified last. If that answers your questions. I'm open to adding a pull tab. I'm also open to a different style/color of lacing.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PhiPsi32, sorry if I missed any of the details earlier. I'm interested to know the details of the following:

- sole (commando is 1st choice, then neo/cork?). If commando, is it the mini-lug?
- welt: flat welt or storm welt?
- welt: 360 welt or close heel (I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Modified last boot with a 360 welt)
- welt: in black?
- sole edge: also in black?
- speed hooks or no speed hooks?
- pull tab at back or no pull tab?

I'm looking to get as close to the LS Kudu Ultimate Indy as possible except on the Modified last. If that answers your questions. I'm open to adding a pull tab. I'm also open to a different style/color of lacing.

Based on the LS Ultimate Indy, then the following would apply:
- mini-lug commando sole
- storm welt
- close heel (270 degree or whatever it works out to)
- natural colored welt
- natural or antique sole edging
- speed hooks
- no pull tabs

The LS Ultimate Indy is on the Trubalance last and came with an extra set of cotton tan laces, so if our MTO is approved it would have a different silhouette and (probably) laces but here are the Leather Soul pictures for reference:

Thanks for coordinating this, PhiPsi.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm optimistic. I'd really like to get a price for these. I think we can move forward once we price out the make-up.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<< I am hoping showing pictures from the LS version might encourage others to sign up so we get the number required. >>
nod[1].gif

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional details on Anatomica? I noticed a pair of cigar plain-toe boots on the modified somewhere on SF. How much do they cost?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PhiPsi, also want to say that I am excited about this makeup. I hope it comes together. Should be an extremely practical boot, and comfortable.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Owning a pair of Kudu Indy on the Truebalance last, I can tell you that they are durable and comfortable boots. I really hope this takes off. I will get a price quote ASAP, as I believe we have sufficient interest to get this order going. I would ask for everyone's patience while we get the details sorted out. I'm going to ask for the commando sole. Keep in mind that Alden may refuse. In which case I will ask for the cork-neo.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, in reference to the Kudu Indy, please post or PM with the size(s) you'd like to order. A couple of you have already done this, thank you. And Happy New Year.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll post the price as soon as I have it. Though I will tell you the Modified last runs higher in price based on the two pair I bought earlier this year. If you're looking for a $500 Indy boot, this is not it. Anyway, I should have an estimate fairly soon.

***Edit***

And by fairly soon, I mean right now.

Alden won't do a commando sole for the Modified. The neo sole is OK (we can do a wedge sole but I don't think you guys want that).

Alden will not do anything over size "E". They may have done larger widths in the past, but it sounds like their current tooling won't accommodate the larger widths.

Best estimate is $565 (delivery will be extra)

Not all good news, I know. But we have a starting point. I'm very sorry to all the gentlemen who will not be able to participate due to the size or sole restrictions. If it were up to me, I'd get it done for you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member