• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

Ennius

Reaction score
Vass had a "banana last" that was extremely similar to the modified. The closest thing they make now is the New Peter.
Regal Shoes in Japan makes a banana last as well. Crockett and Jones even makes a modified-like last for the Japanese as well.
For the money, Alden is still your best bet. I will be trying Vass very soon, but I'm going to try the 3636 first before the P2.

Thanks. How do you know this much about shoe lasts?! Do you have a hard to fit foot, too?

Ennius

Reaction score
nice catch.

Ahh, they joys of having a hard to fit foot.

I cannot even imagine how easy it would be to get shoes it I could wear the standard Barrie last...

Ennius

Reaction score
OK Gents,

I had an interesting thought: given my wide foot, i need to wear the modified last. I wonder if i could get a podiatrist to proscribe alden modified last shoes for me.

Then i could possibly charge insurance for my proscription shoes, or more likely, buy them with my health savings account dollars so i use pre tax dollars? Make my funky feet useful for something besides shoe headaches?!

Has anyone this approach? Have any ideas on a podiatrist in NYC?

Thanks

Mike147

Reaction score
Anyone interested in trading a PCT Shell #8 ML shoe in 9.5 3E for something in shell 9 3E? Mine are a little big on me...

Mike147

Reaction score

OK Gents,
I had an interesting thought: given my wide foot, i need to wear the modified last. I wonder if i could get a podiatrist to proscribe alden modified last shoes for me.
Then i could possibly charge insurance for my proscription shoes, or more likely, buy them with my health savings account dollars so i use pre tax dollars? Make my funky feet useful for something besides shoe headaches?!
Has anyone this approach? Have any ideas on a podiatrist in NYC?
Thanks

I think your probability of getting this done is close to 0. Unless you have a deformity that requires you to wear a special medical device/shoe, I can't see them proscribing this or your HSA approving this charge (it's highly unlikely that they will allow an HSA approved transaction to flow through from a retailer like Moulded Shoe, Alden Shop, etc... )

luzer

Reaction score

Moulded Shoe.

ditto

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Very nice.

Still looking for a few good men who are interested in a Kudu Indy on the Modified last. Please PM if interested. They will be on the Commando sole if Alden will agree otherwise the cork neo sole.

pm inbound

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The interest list for the Modified Kudu Indy was last updated at the end of August.  Please let me know if you want to be taken off of the interest list.  Four Three two more makes the order.

-PhiPsi32
-Bootspell
-CBtoNYC
-jpc9
-FrankCowperwood (depending on the sole)
-tarnow (depending on size availability)

-kwhitelaw
-MichaelHaines
-Advan031
-briar snob

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Rafael is traveling until the new year. I will see about getting a price and order details.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Rafael is traveling until the new year. I will see about getting a price and order details.

PhiPsi32, sorry if I missed any of the details earlier. I'm interested to know the details of the following:

- sole (commando is 1st choice, then neo/cork?). If commando, is it the mini-lug?
- welt: flat welt or storm welt?
- welt: 360 welt or close heel (I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Modified last boot with a 360 welt)
- welt: in black?
- sole edge: also in black?
- speed hooks or no speed hooks?
- pull tab at back or no pull tab?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics