• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden and Streetwear

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
I'm with those who suggested getting a pair (or two!) of Clarks DB and spending the extra $400 or so on a wardrobe upgrade. The clarks are nice enough to feel like they anchor an outfit, without costing a fortune like Alden's. And - they almost look better with age, you won't care if they get beat up, and they are easily replaced if necessary. Don't get me wrong though, they are quite durable and should last a while.

Can someone explain what's so great about Clark's? You look at them, they're Clark's, everyone wears them now, end of story.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoelF
Can someone explain what's so great about Clark's? You look at them, they're Clark's, everyone wears them now, end of story.

And they are kinda ugly

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're buying with your own money, I'll hook you up. You're touching a soft point in my heart being so young and interested in Aldens.
laugh.gif

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
If you're buying with your own money, I'll hook you up. You're touching a soft point in my heart being so young and interested in Aldens.
laugh.gif

Did I mention that I'm 14?

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungM
Honestly, I have to agree with you.

If I go for a chukka, I like opening ceremony, alden, and paul smith.

Love those Alden chukkas, suede, calfskin, cordovan, whatever.

Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
laugh.gif

Hey I'm old and interested in Aldens, can you help?
lol8[1].gif

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I still don't understand why so many members act like everyone here wears aa/apc/chucks. I really haven't seen that fit from many.

I think you don't see pictures of it because a lot of people do wear that combo, thus it's relatively unremarkable. It's what I wear most days, except I wear aa/levis/pf flyers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads