• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden and Streetwear

YoungM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpgm
i hope youre not saying that to the 16 year old OP though...itd be a foolish waste of money to spend that much on a beautiful pair of shoes which will get very limited use before they simply no longer fit.

I realize my feet growing is definitely a possibility. However, the only reason I'm even considering this is I'm still wearing shoes that fit three years ago. If I happen to suddenly, and drastically change sizes, I'll sell the shoes.

Brutus

Reaction score
I need a picture. If you're wearing the same thing you were wearing then you were 13 then either you're about to double in size soon or you're a man-child and should start stocking up on Aldens now.

Diamonds-By-Simon

Reaction score
I bet Paul Smith has a few nice options. Cool, trendy and sophisticated at the same time. Seems like a good option to consider.

YoungM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
I need a picture. If you're wearing the same thing you were wearing then you were 13 then either you're about to double in size soon or you're a man-child and should start stocking up on Aldens now.
275.jpg
Best picture I have atm. I'm 6 foot, and 160 pounds. I somehow kind of doubt I will double in size soon. Also, apologies that most of my wardrobe is vastly un sf approved.

YoungM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
I can see it now. Selvage, Shell cordo and hollister.

I believe it is a delightful dichotomy (alliteration!).

Unfortunately, I cannot instantly change my entire wardrobe- as much as I would like to. If you would like to donate, I'll gladly except.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From that pic it doesn't really seem like Alden's would suit your wardrobe..

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, if you only have money to spend on Alden's and no money to spend on changing your wardrobe, I suggest changing your wardrobe first.

YoungM

Reaction score
I'm slowly but surely changing my wardrobe. I just feel really lacking without a pair of shoes that I like. Converse are so boring.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that goes both ways - when I was styleforumizing myself I started with a coat and then shoes, Down in tx boots are a good place to start, i suppose.

It really sucks when you put the outfit together and you have some ************* adidas or puma or nike or whatever on your feet. shoes are a solid starting place, because they make the outfit.

Anyway to the OP, im just kidding. I don't know how much of a baller you are, but check ebay for shell cord cuz i saw some up there recently. Other than that, I do have to say - even if your jeans are selvage and your boots cost half a grand, wearing hollister/af/etc., will negate the $700 bottom half 100% of the time.

YoungM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
that goes both ways - when I was styleforumizing myself I started with a coat and then shoes, Down in tx boots are a good place to start, i suppose.

It really sucks when you put the outfit together and you have some ************* adidas or puma or nike or whatever on your feet. shoes are a solid starting place, because they make the outfit.

Anyway to the OP, im just kidding. I don't know how much of a baller you are, but check ebay for shell cord cuz i saw some up there recently. Other than that, I do have to say - even if your jeans are selvage and your boots cost half a grand, wearing hollister/af/etc., will negate the $700 bottom half 100% of the time.

Well, my peers standards aren't as high, so I don't feel that awful about it. I do intend to pick up some nice stuff a bit higher on my body.

Ebay is indeed nice. Just gotta get lucky.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The OP looks like a bad ass 16 year old. I think it's cool he's got the Aldens in his sights and he could probably pull them off. Definitely on the right track.

YoungM

Reaction score
So, lots of + on buying em.

So, what model? Is the AF88 a sleekish shoe? Or should I pony up for those dandy leathersoul plaza last shell cordo sex boots?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The AF88 will be more versatile in the long run. It's not sleek though, but then again no Alden shoe is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads