• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alan Flusser jackets - bulk purchase

Ed355

Reaction score
I am not sure if my understanding is correct but seems as though this guy is selling two Alan Flusser jackets the same size for a combined total of $199. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....c=photo I would like one, would someone else want to buy the other one? We can spilt the shipping.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, almost no feedback, no measurements (.), and no photos of:

- back of coat (vents?)
- close-up of fabric
- Flusser label
- content/size label
- interior of coat

I'll steer well clear of this one. Plus, it's not a great price IMO. Obviously a novice EBay seller.

cuffthis

Reaction score
I bought one of these. They are GREAT.

but the price is $199 per jacket. At least that's what they charged me.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Hmm, almost no feedback, no measurements (.), and no photos of:

- back of coat (vents?)
- close-up of fabric
- Flusser label
- content/size label
- interior of coat

I'll steer well clear of this one.  Plus, it's not a great price IMO.  Obviously a novice EBay seller.
Um, the seller is Mark Rykken, who runs the Flusser Custom Shop for Alan.

I posted pictures of my new slack jacket from this auction in the what are you wearing thread. The pictures include the label and other details.

At $199, I think it was a great purchase. I am going to order one of the linen ones also.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The seller is the Flusser Custom Shop. New doesn't always mean shady.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I didn't see the info about the seller's store. Still, they'd certainly sell more stuff if they had better pictures and descriptions.

Ed355

Reaction score
I bought one of these. They are GREAT.

but the price is $199 per jacket. At least that's what they charged me.
I am quite certain that the price is for two.  If you look at some of his other auctions, he is selling 5 linen jackets in the same size for a total of $299.  I agree that some of the jackets are sold on an individual basis at the same price and that it would seem weird that he's selling two for the price of one, but I think that's how he works.

cuffthis

Reaction score
(cuffthis @ April 04 2005,07:06) I bought one of these. They are GREAT. but the price is $199 per jacket. At least that's what they charged me.
I am quite certain that the price is for two. Â If you look at some of his other auctions, he is selling 5 linen jackets in the same size for a total of $299. Â I agree that some of the jackets are sold on an individual basis at the same price and that it would seem weird that he's selling two for the price of one, but I think that's how he works.
I sent the seller an e-mail on this. I will let you know what his response is.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought one -- AC, this was an objective need,
smile.gif
and a great price to boot considering there is a return policy. I'd been looking for a cord jacket for some time and couldn't find anything but junk below the $150 range. I assume these are really top of the line and are being priced to move?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It says there are a total of 12 available. It looks like what he means is that there are two olive green jackets available (in 40R), probably at $199 each. But I guess we'll see.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is $199 a good price? I'm assuming this is a basement price and that these are FAR superior to Polo's $200 version of the cord jacket.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That one is clearly a sale of lots of 5 each.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, is the original price $399 per jacket? Or $399 for a lot of 5? This auction is clearly for a lot of 5. I doubt Flusser would have been selling Custom Shop linen jackets for $80 each out of his store.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sort of think that auction is for 2 dark olive jackets. Since I just made a purchase from that auction, I'll let you know whether I get 2. Obviously I'd be happy to send the extra to whomever would like it (for my cost, of course).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads