1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alan Flusser jackets - bulk purchase

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ed355, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

I am not sure if my understanding is correct but seems as though this guy is selling two Alan Flusser jackets the same size for a combined total of $199. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....c=photo I would like one, would someone else want to buy the other one? We can spilt the shipping.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

Hmm, almost no feedback, no measurements (.), and no photos of:

- back of coat (vents?)
    - close-up of fabric
    - Flusser label
    - content/size label
    - interior of coat

I'll steer well clear of this one. Plus, it's not a great price IMO. Obviously a novice EBay seller.

3. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

I bought one of these. They are GREAT.

but the price is $199 per jacket. At least that's what they charged me.

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

Um, the seller is Mark Rykken, who runs the Flusser Custom Shop for Alan.

I posted pictures of my new slack jacket from this auction in the what are you wearing thread. The pictures include the label and other details.

At $199, I think it was a great purchase. I am going to order one of the linen ones also.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The seller is the Flusser Custom Shop. New doesn't always mean shady.

6. kabert

kabert Senior member

Oh yeah, I didn't see the info about the seller's store. Still, they'd certainly sell more stuff if they had better pictures and descriptions.

7. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

I am quite certain that the price is for two.  If you look at some of his other auctions, he is selling 5 linen jackets in the same size for a total of $299.  I agree that some of the jackets are sold on an individual basis at the same price and that it would seem weird that he's selling two for the price of one, but I think that's how he works.

8. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

(cuffthis @ April 04 2005,07:06) I bought one of these. They are GREAT. but the price is $199 per jacket. At least that's what they charged me.
    I am quite certain that the price is for two. Â If you look at some of his other auctions, he is selling 5 linen jackets in the same size for a total of $299. Â I agree that some of the jackets are sold on an individual basis at the same price and that it would seem weird that he's selling two for the price of one, but I think that's how he works.
    I sent the seller an e-mail on this. I will let you know what his response is.

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Well, I bought one -- AC, this was an objective need, [​IMG] and a great price to boot considering there is a return policy. I'd been looking for a cord jacket for some time and couldn't find anything but junk below the $150 range. I assume these are really top of the line and are being priced to move?

10. j

j Senior member Admin

It says there are a total of 12 available. It looks like what he means is that there are two olive green jackets available (in 40R), probably at $199 each. But I guess we'll see.

11. johnnynorman3

Is $199 a good price? I'm assuming this is a basement price and that these are FAR superior to Polo's $200 version of the cord jacket.

12. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

13. j

j Senior member Admin

That one is clearly a sale of lots of 5 each.

14. johnnynorman3

So, is the original price $399 per jacket? Or $399 for a lot of 5? This auction is clearly for a lot of 5. I doubt Flusser would have been selling Custom Shop linen jackets for $80 each out of his store.

15. johnnynorman3

I sort of think that auction is for 2 dark olive jackets. Since I just made a purchase from that auction, I'll let you know whether I get 2. Obviously I'd be happy to send the extra to whomever would like it (for my cost, of course).

16. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

Assuming you bought a size 40, I would be interested in reimbursing you 50% of the costs in return for one of the jackets.

17. johnnynorman3

Yeah, I bought the 40R (40Rs?). It's yours if I do in fact get 2.

18. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I can't honestly believe they are selling more than 1 jacket at those prices. As a new seller, they probably just don't understand Dutch auctions. I could be totally wrong.

19. Ed355

Ed355 Senior member

Actually, I wouldn't mind buying one of these too. All I need now is 4 other people who want to share in the costs (or less than 4 if one of these people is willing to buy more than one piece).

20. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

I just got a reply from the seller, and I agree that it's just a confusion about dutch auctions. I e-mailed him back to confirm, but I think quantity refers to the total number of jackets available, and the item refers to the number they have in that particular color (or size?). I'll post when I hear more (he also said he give me measurements for size 42 and 44).