• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable borrelli

mr. magoo

Reaction score
The fellow who runs the ebay store "The World's Finest" is going to start selling a whole load of Borrelli products on his other auction site. These won't be sold through ebay. Here's the email he sent me in response to an inquiry about a Borrelli shirt in his store:
I just received 200 Borrelli shirts. I will receive in the next 2 to 3 weeks about 300 suits and sportjackets, and about 40 pairs of pants, all Borrelli. We will not be posting these up on eBay because of agreements I had to make. We are going to post them to our "Entire Inventory" link you see on every eBay auction page we have.The good thing about that for customers is there will not be any bidding wars. Go to any one of our auction pages. Click on the button on the left hand side that says "Entire Inventory". That will take you another page. On that page click on the tab that says Borrelli Shirts. Thank you, Ian Pricing: French Cuff - $139 Standard Cuff - $129 Cut and paste this link into your browser: http://www.auctionworks.com/store/[email protected]
I don't know the seller personally and gain no benefit from this post, but it sounds like a cache of higher-quality RTW that some may miss since it won't be on ebay and may covet. I have bought a few shirts from him and they are as advertised -- brand new, nothing wrong with them, spotlessly clean, etc. It's been a good way to try some brands I've never used before. Best of luck.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide between a pointed collar Borrelli and a button down Barba on his site...
sad.gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of these shirts have sleeves that are too long. Is it possible to get them adjusted to be shorter?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All of these shirts have sleeves that are too long. Is it possible to get them adjusted to be shorter?
Absolutely. Any competent alterations tailor can do it. I've had it done on several shirts.

friendlyone

Reaction score
Alias,

Just about all ready-to-wear (but high end) shirts in the US have sleeves that are far too long. That way, the stores only need to worry about neck size; they can be assured that they will never lose a sale because the sleeves are too short.

Of course, the downside is that just about every RTW shirt needs to be altered to have the sleeves shorted.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in some brands it is VERY hard to find long enough sleeves... Thomas Pink, Zegna, Boss being some. I wear a 17x36 in most shirts and almost all with that neck size are 34, 35, or 34/35.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads