• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AF, Finding peace!

the truth

Reaction score
cont. Oh, and for those of you who really think it is a fake Kiton:
truth018largere0.jpg
Please do note where it says Kiton, sewn by hand for...

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, thanks for the sacrifice and sharing all the photos.

From the wide view, it looks like it (was) a pretty nice jacket!
laugh.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
..... I don't know what kind of research you do, but in my field, we look for corroborating evidence--replication--over several labs or research settings before viewing some phenomenon as established. ...... The balanced conclusion we need can best be provided by more than one investigator. If you are a scientist, you'll recognize this view as consistent with your academic or professional training and practice.
We agree on this point.

What I disagree is when you commented:
Originally Posted by Roger
.... and let cooler heads (and Zegnamtl's camera) prevail?
Yes, it is best to get more than one 'lab's' results... but if one of the labs has has an obvious bias? You would still send off samples to be tested by this lab?

the truth

Reaction score
I have a brilliant idea. Since T4phage brings up the good point of a biased lab in zegnamtl, I propose that I split the jacket down the middle and send it to two people. One can be zegna, and one can be somebody who is very knowledgeable in suit construction. Please nominate somebody and I will choose from the candidates. US only please.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Why don't we stick to the original agreement. Zegna has a good reputation on this board and that of AAAC.

It's also important to have the whole jacket examined and photographed from many angles.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the truth
I have a brilliant idea. Since T4phage brings up the good point of a biased lab in zegnamtl, I propose that I split the jacket down the middle and send it to two people. One can be zegna, and one can be somebody who is very knowledgeable in suit construction. Please nominate somebody and I will choose from the candidates. US only please.
Tokyo Slim (who takes good pics) with J. who knows enough about handstitched v.s machine. Iammatt since he has recently discovered the macro function. A.Harris who knows his stuff And Shoefan who could use a break from kids
wink.gif

the truth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Why don't we stick to the original agreement. Zegna has a good reputation on this board and that of AAAC.

It's also important to have the whole jacket examined and photographed from many angles.

Why is it important to have the entire jacket examined? Do you think that the left and right sides are all that different. At this point it seems to me that you, zegnamtl and Roger are the only holdouts thinking that Kiton does much by hand. While all respected posters, none of the three are particularly known for being experts on hand tailoring (no offense). Why not zegnamtl for one side and somebody else for the other?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I think it will be easier to examine the jacket on a whole. Let Zegna take his pics and then he can send it along to someone else if you like.

the truth

Reaction score
I think it will be easier to examine the jacket on a whole. Let Zegna take his pics and then he can send it along to someone else if you like.
Now really, is it your choice?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will even that be enough to convince you?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK! OK!

Better yet, send it to AF so he can see it with his own eyes!
laugh.gif

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's what the construction shows then I am fine with it. I'm just trying to get the best information.

Be honest. You have already determined your conclusion. No evidence will sway you.

oldseed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the truth

The Truth: as has been stated on this thread already, i'm pretty sure the vast majority of readers believe your picture to be an accurate representation of the kiton jacket. guys like zegnamtl/etc. are the vocal minority.

don't sweat it. thanks for the posts.

seed

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Will even that be enough to convince you?

No one in their right mind thinks that AF will change his mind even if the owners of Kiton themselves tell him he's a fool. It's way too humbling to have to admit that you were fooled for 15 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads