• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AE Last Sizing

stylenooob

Reaction score
I recently bought my first pair of AEs-- part of a wardrobe upgrade effort. Van Ness Burgundy 10.5D. Got them on sale at the DC AE store, and thought they fit pretty well in the store. (I was measured at the AE store and it was same result as usual, I come out as just between a 10D and 10.5D.)

The sizing is not ideal. On my left foot it pinches my toes (and front of my foot). I've worn them 3-4 times now, and the last time they actually left me with a welt after a long day of work.

I was checking out the last on AE.com (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...Id=40000000001) and I realized that the Executive Last is supposed to be a narrow one. Unfortunately the Park Avenue and Strand -- two shoes I was looking at next -- are AE's narrowest last (5 Last).

Anyone else have this problem -- can I expect the shoes to break in better after a few more wearings? Can this be fixed by going up one width to 10.5E? I haven't had this problem with an other shoes I've bought (admittedly, cheaper brands). Or should I just give up on AE narrow-last shoes?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.