• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE Broadway

samnc

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new AE broadway shoes? Per website, it says it is a limited release. Is this common for AE shoes to be limited?

What color scheme do you prefer out of the three?

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new AE broadway shoes? Per website, it says it is a limited release. Is this common for AE shoes to be limited?
What color scheme do you prefer out of the three?

AE commonly releases limited-run "webgems" through their website, which are commonly an alternative colorway of a model currently in production.

The current trifecta of Broadstreet (black/brown grain, navy/burgundy, navy/grey) isn't all that inspired. So, I can't exactly say I prefer any of them.

Last edited:

samnc

Reaction score
broadstreet, yes.

Also, I got some AE shoes which arrived today. My typical size is 11D, so I got some oxfords in 11D and a loafer in 10.5D..both seem too big! Does AE shoes typically run large?

TheSizzle

Reaction score
What brands are you using as your 11D reference? You also have to consider the shape of the last. Really, with a new brand, you should go try on pairs and be sized.

samnc

Reaction score
Well my Cole Haan shoes which are 11D fit well. For what it is worth, I did try some AE at Nordstroms before I ordered them online (I get miles if I go through their website) and the 11 seemed to fit well in the store, which I find a bit strange.

Just about all the shoes I wear are a size 11

TheSizzle

Reaction score

Well my Cole Haan shoes which are 11D fit well.  For what it is worth, I did try some AE at Nordstroms before I ordered them online (I get miles if I go through their website) and the 11 seemed to fit well in the store, which I find a bit strange. 

Just about all the shoes I wear are a size 11

AE makes shoes on different lasts, and that could be your sizing issue. They also make some out of different leathers (rough collection) that have trouble wrapping the last as tightly, resulting in a looser fit.

Just for an example, I wear 7D in their 5-last, but when I tried the rough collection on the same last, the same size is a bit looser in the heel (but still the right size for me). When I tried a rough collection shoe on the 4-last, in the same size, it felt like it was going to fly off.

If you have to order online, at least attempt to try on the same shoe in store, or at least one off the same last in a similar leather.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads