• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome)

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been getting back into Dita lately. I'm looking at some of their discontinued frames on the secondhand market. Anyone got any experience with any of these?

Reaction score
Quick little unboxing of my new to me Leisure society cavallet. They are the black Windsor rim model with 12K white gold plated titanium. I really like these ones

IMG_20210419_111809.jpg

IMG_20210419_111847.jpg

IMG_20210419_112429.jpg

IMG_20210419_112441.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
These look good. I’m intrigued by LS but can’t seem to find a stockist anywhere where I can try them on in person.
This is my second LS frame, I also have the Keen in 18K gold (technically a woman's frame I think but I still wear it). So far they have really impressed me, build quality is top notch as is the details and finishing. I have no store to try them on either though so I just pay close attention to the size and sometimes print a scale cutout before buying. I think LS also offers a service where they will send you 7 frames to try on for a week and you buy the one you like best

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my second LS frame, I also have the Keen in 18K gold (technically a woman's frame I think but I still wear it). So far they have really impressed me, build quality is top notch as is the details and finishing. I have no store to try them on either though so I just pay close attention to the size and sometimes print a scale cutout before buying. I think LS also offers a service where they will send you 7 frames to try on for a week and you buy the one you like best
Cheers.
I think I read that they will send you samples and don’t quibble about returns. I think JMM do similar.
Ive been to three places which are listed on their website as stockists but they had none in stock, all telling me they can get them if I want them but the rep was an arsehole.
It looks increasingly to me that their business plan is to remain aloof and not have Reps running round the country dropping off samples at authorised dealers.
I really like the look of the leather triangular prism case that folds flat. I might even treat myself to one of those regardless of whether I ever end up buying the glasses!

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
I've been getting back into Dita lately. I'm looking at some of their discontinued frames on the secondhand market. Anyone got any experience with any of these?

They make some very nice frames with a lot of intricate details. One disappointing thing that I did find, though, is that many of the matte acetate frames are coated with a very thin rubberized coating, and once that starts to flake off the frame doesn't look so great. I really like the screwed in hinge pins that they use on many of their frames, though. Their style feels like an homage to Cazal, but the construction is a little finer IMO. I only have the Cazal left, however, due to the rubberized coating issue.

Quick little unboxing of my new to me Leisure society cavallet. They are the black Windsor rim model with 12K white gold plated titanium. I really like these ones

Beautiful! I have the 18k yellow gold / brown Windsor rim version of these that I wore today. The Cavallet came from a very early capsule and aren't being made anymore; I really like the larger size of these and the original rectangular case. I've also found that the early AR coating that they used on models like this don't really have a color tinge to them, which is interesting.

Beautiful. Did they change their case ? I have one pair with other style case.

They originally had that style of rectangular case with the metal emblem and internal elasticized pouch for the warranty and cleaning cloth; it came in a large and a small size. They've since switched to the folding triangular case and no longer make the rectangular one. At around the same time they changed the cleaning cloths from the version with the thick stitched border in solid teal to the one with the thinner stitched border in teal with a printed Greek key pattern. They also have a more typical clamshell case in the same color, but I'm not sure if it's covered in real leather like the other two or if it's just a stamped pattern (this case might just be for service returns and promos). FWIW, the original rectangular case is the nicest I've seen anywhere, but as I recall they cost twice as much as the triangular one direct from LS. Also they don't fold flat like the new triangular cases, which is a neat feature.

Reaction score
Updated collection... I've tried to keep it varied, but I keep coming back to Leisure Society, Mykita, IC! Berlin, and Salt Optics. LS is the current favorite with 17 pairs in the collection, but Mykita and IC! Berlin are hard to beat for comfort and durability.

View attachment 1596507
Very impressive collection! I agree LS, SALT and mykita are among my favorites too. I have a pair of mykita Rolf and Salt Renzo incoming. If you had to pick 3 of your glasses to keep, and sell the rest which would they be?

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
Very impressive collection! I agree LS, SALT and mykita are among my favorites too. I have a pair of mykita Rolf and Salt Renzo incoming. If you had to pick 3 of your glasses to keep, and sell the rest which would they be?

Oh man, it physically pains me to even think about that... But if I had to, I think I'd go the practical route focus on the more simple, stylistically versatile ones, and sell off the oddball limited ones that I get more excited about. I'd also want to pick ones that seem durable and will age well. I think I'd go with the IC! Berlin Magomed J (pearl frame, so no coating to wear off), the Leisure Society Savoye in antique silver (weathered looking finish, so it should hide wear), and the Leisure Society Highgate (a lot of acetate cladding and enamel inserts, and the exposed gold parts are brushed, so they shouldn't be scratch magnets).

Congratulations on the Rolf! That's a great frame, and was all the rage for a while. There are a ton of photos floating around of celebrities wearing them; it's a mystery to me that Mykita discontinued them. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the limited platinum-plated anniversary version (left column, 9 rows up). I think that shape is pretty timeless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads