Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

-The Officially Official Eyewear Thread-

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RegisDB9, Oct 18, 2017.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

My all time favorite has been the Maison Martin Margiela Wrong Size Lenses in Turtle. If people actually notice that the lenses are cut they stare at the frames with a confused look on their face. They are from the old Cutler & Gross Collaboration. C&G make in my opinion make the best acetate frames out there and are also makers of my second favorite frames the 0425

F45718FA-EF88-45BA-A03A-2D51FAC8136C.jpeg

I don’t often venture out of a couple brands that I enjoy but this pair of Tom Ford Horn N.5 Private Collection frames caught my eye.. I know they are Marcolin which is a slight step above Luxottica but I love the light brown lens color and the natural horn designs, very cool and seems a step above the usual TF line. The last TF frames I owned were the Pablo’s which I regret selling

7D2D7627-BA69-47E0-B31C-7646BFFEF295.jpeg

I’ve had many many frames from all over the place including Dita, Oliver Goldsmith, etc and so far these are my go-to for sunny days

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Distinguished Member

Two companies I've been into lately:

Yellows Plus, a Japanese brand

http://www.yellowsplus.com/index.php

201611top_0002.jpg

760006_1.jpg

Then David Kind, which is a California-based, try-on-at-home company

https://davidkind.com/

dk3.jpg

large_2x_DK-roman-1060-huge_2x.jpg

large_2x_DK1111_2x.jpg

Finally this random pair, which Christian Kimber found in Japan. Unfortunately don't know the maker.

unnamed.png

3. Parker

Parker Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Thx for starting this, Regis.
    Anyone have a recommendation for a super thin gold minimal wire frames? I used to have someting in the 90s but can't remember what brand. Looking for something without extra stuff like plastic nosepads or ear covering.

4. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Senior Member

Oliver Peoples Fairmont (OV5219 1550) 21742911_1520056824721861_3181876996401264174_n.jpg

These are the first pair of glasses that I have had that I feel more comfortable in than without. Ive been wearing glasses since I was about 10 years old. I never really wore my glasses, and I got contacts when i was 15 years old. I never really liked how glasses looked on me, besides these ones. I never wear contacts anymore, and I never leave the house without them.

5. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Distinguished Member

I just bought these the other week

[​IMG]
    Paul Smith PS 294. Hoping they work out.

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Can’t wait to get my hands on these Cutler and Gross 1032 in Cola. Really like the overall shape and like I said before you just can’t beat the quality of C&G

E31022F6-ACB6-476C-B0EA-39C5EDAD307A.jpeg
    B307DAC0-81ED-4242-8AA9-03D5B719AE9B.jpeg

7. ericleavitt

I am buying a pair of Megane Rock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Two questions from a rookie to this scene.

First: I've been wearing a pair of Burberry BE1156's for about six years now:
    [​IMG]

I love em, but they're getting a little long in the tooth. I might just get another pair of the same, but does anybody have good suggestions for similar optic frames (half-frame, or at least thin on the bottom half, not too thick, mostly square) that might be a step up in quality?

Second, anybody have experience with Effector? Haven stocks em, and that's usually a good sign, but I haven't seen any discussion of them outside of Japan. I really like some of their designs, particularly the Whammy:
    [​IMG]

And as my one contribution to the thread, I've been very happy with the two pairs of sunnies I've had for the last couple years: Sun Buddies Type 03s (now called Greta)
    [​IMG]

and Our Legacy's Faith glasses, which I liked so much I got a second pair (which I then lost two weeks later)
    [​IMG]

9. ericleavitt

I am not a fan of the half frame glasses. The Burberry glasses give off a Suburb dad look. Not very stylish. The Effector are nicer, but a little too rectangle for my taste.