• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Suit That Fits

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Has anyone actually bought a suit from www.asuitthatfits.com ? I love the idea, and at less than $300 for a tailored basic suit, I think I might try it. How is the fabric?
It's probably made by immigrants, you wouldn't like it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
devil.gif

SuitWizard

Reaction score
They are good suits - made with cashmere and shipped from Nepal by well-paid tailors.

Unfortunately we don't currently ship to the States but we are *literally* about to open our US site so I'll keep you posted. Frankly we beat all competition with our prices and the quality of our fabric!! And it beats buying an off-the-peg suit which is never quite snug enough.

ps- this is our boss's brother with a City of London skyscape behind him!

_MG_6008.jpg

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
It's probably made by immigrants, you wouldn't like it.
What is generally wrong with work done by immigrants? I am an immigrant myself, I do a good job and I get well paid for it. I have no reason to complain, and neither do my clients. Also, here in Spain, when I need a carpenter, for example, I always call a Polish one who I feel does a better job than many locals. When I was young, I worked in the SAAB car factory in Sweden and many of the guys working there were immigrants and they did not work worse than the Swedes.
A friend of mine works for an IT company and they get a lot of programming work done in India with excelent results...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
What is generally wrong with work done by immigrants? I am an immigrant myself, I do a good job and I get well paid for it. I have no reason to complain, and neither do my clients. Also, here in Spain, when I need a carpenter, for example, I always call a Polish one who I feel does a better job than many locals. When I was young, I worked in the SAAB car factory in Sweden and many of the guys working there were immigrants and they did not work worse than the Swedes.
A friend of mine works for an IT company and they get a lot of programming work done in India with excelent results...

tiecollector doesn't like them. I was yanking his chain.

SuitWizard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa

I've included a little entry about what I learnt from a local immigrant on my blog - check it out here: Blue Sky and the Zen of Leafleting

drax

Reaction score
A sad case of the flood of low price cashmere on the market. SuitWizard i wish you success but my honest advice would be to steam your suits before you photograph them. Your model looked like he slept in his. But thats only after he stole it from some other geezer and then spend a night in the nick.
smile.gif

SuitWizard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drax
A sad case of the flood of low price cashmere on the market. SuitWizard i wish you success but my honest advice would be to steam your suits before you photograph them. Your model looked like he slept in his. But thats only after he stole it from some other geezer and then spend a night in the nick.
smile.gif

What's wrong with a flood of low-price cashmere? Our cashmere comes straight from Nepal and is quality fabric! Elitism is exactly what we're trying to get away from! (ie. Saville Row.) Yes, cashmere these days is less expensive, but surely that can only be a good thing!

I'm sorry about our model - like I said, it's the boss's brother and I don't think he knows how to look after his suit. Tho I wouldn't necessarily agree it looked *that* bad!

http://a-suit-that-fits.blogspot.com

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitWizard
They are good suits - made with cashmere and shipped from Nepal by well-paid tailors.

Unfortunately we don't currently ship to the States but we are *literally* about to open our US site so I'll keep you posted. Frankly we beat all competition with our prices and the quality of our fabric!! And it beats buying an off-the-peg suit which is never quite snug enough.

ps- this is our boss's brother with a City of London skyscape behind him!

_MG_6008.jpg

Here is my reaction to the pictured suit:

The sleeves are too long, the lapels are too wide for their length and the gorge too low; the pockets look like they are placed too low. The pants look like they fit reasonably well, from what we can see. The shoulders look uneven on the suit--one too droopy and the other very square.

Just my thoughts, since you've chosen to post about your venture on the forum.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
The sleeves are too long, the lapels are too wide for their length and the gorge too low; the pockets look like they are placed too low. The pants look like they fit reasonably well, from what we can see. The shoulders look uneven on the suit--one too droopy and the other very square.
Definately agree that its an oddly off kilter jacket. Naturally, his stance and the environmental conditions distort our impression of it a bit, but just the same, it has a kind of "bottom-heavy" proportion to it: The top of the jacket (shoulders to mid-bicep) don't seem to belong to the rest of it (gorge, pockets... this portion looks like a much larger jacket/wearer). Again, maybe its stance (As I think is the case with the shoulder issue mentioned by grimslade), but it definatly looks wrong to me. And the sleeve-length needs work for sure. Not to seem snarky, but that suit does not fit.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a copy of a letter I recently sent to A Suit That Fits...
Four fittings sounds almost absolutely reliable if we leave out the details ^^. That's not just hot...that really...boils.
332_n721885463_3060906_898_1211940891.jpg

iron_ball

Reaction score
As a first post, yes, definitely a bit spammy (especially the way you said "they" and then in the very next sentence "they" was "you"). On the other hand, industry insiders are an important part of StyleForum's makeup, so don't get scared away if you're interested in honestly entering our discussions and sharing your opinions and experience. This site has reach, and SF regulars very frequently buy from one another.

Edit upon reading the rest of the comments, including the complaint letter: If you respond further, you can do the most good by admitting to any mistakes and promising satisfaction (possibly with some sweeping Lands-End-style guarantee -- if you can back it up). A haughty or defensive reply would just break your back.

iron_ball

Reaction score
Crap, sorry for the forum necromancy! Actually I suppose Mr. Butler is the culprit, but at least he didn't act like he was contributing to an ongoing conversation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads