• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Styleforum FAQ for new users - some thoughts

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
I read them. Ask Fok about my negotiations over my premium affiliation on this site. He proposed, I countered, he countered, deal done. Nothing is etched in stone and everything is subject to change. With that in mind I propose that actively posting affiliate members have that designation for their title.

j and I talked about it. Makes things less ambiguous for readers and the affiliates seem to like it, and it prevents one of us from absentmindedly spamminating someone legit by mistake, so... done. That's how Styleforum rolls.

Fok.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good deal. The other thing it does is guarantees that someone here is dealing with the legit vendor because the only way to change that title is by an administrator. Keeps rogue impersonators from wreaking havoc. Yeah, I like layers of security.....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Good deal. The other thing it does is guarantees that someone here is dealing with the legit vendor because the only way to change that title is by an administrator. Keeps rogue impersonators from wreaking havoc. Yeah, I like layers of security.....

We've never had that problem, but fair enough.

Fok

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Fok has one key and I have the other and we have to be in the same room (opposite sides of the room, though) to do it, so it's pretty hard to fake that kind of thing. The reason for having two missile keys is so that no one man may arm the missiles.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Q: Can I change my user name?
A: Yes, PM or email J and he will do it once. Don't make a habit of it.

Q: Can I have _____ as a custom user title under my name?

Q: Can we set up a mechanism to vote on name/custom user title changes for other users? datasupa is crying out for hatasupa/hater-in-chief... And don't get me started on Coho and haganah.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
Q: Can we set up a mechanism to vote on name/custom user title changes for other users? datasupa is crying out for hatasupa/hater-in-chief... And don't get me started on Coho and haganah.

I'm not sure adjudicating these things is really a good use of mods' time.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I'm not sure adjudicating these things is really a good use of mods' time.

I'm sure it's not.

But wouldn't it be fun on a Friday afternoon? Think of the whole process as naming pledges - after they've been in the house a while. And who needs adjudication? There's a polling mechanism.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
I'm sure it's not.

But wouldn't it be fun on a Friday afternoon? Think of the whole process as naming pledges - after they've been in the house a while. And who needs adjudication? There's a polling mechanism.

Who are you calling a pledge, letmebefool?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Attaboy. You're no pledge. You're sergeant-at-arms, and hater-in-chief, and you should be recognized as such. I'm really thinking more about putting Coho and his ilk to scrutiny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads