• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the one Jester posted, but this is probably my favorite of the bunch:

I also like the new white on midnight blue pindot fina. I was going to get the grossa of the same design, now I can't decide. :laugh:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're wrong. You're ordering the wrong tie again. We need to all get my favorite and wear it on Friday.

Friday Challenge: Striped Grenadine.

Syeknom

Reaction score
I'm not going to pick up any of the new striped grenadines (I'm not a fan of repp stripes personally apart from my one hober grenadine striped tie) but those two are lovely

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes? There is so much room for simple classic color combinations, which is what I was expecting. David, I love your ties, but this bunch is not doing it for me, will you consider any recommendations for changes to your striped grenadine collection?

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also like the new white on midnight blue pindot fina. I was going to get the grossa of the same design, now I can't decide. :laugh:

That one is great and will be in my next order once the July NPC ends. With respect to the white pindot ties, if it helps, I already have the grossa and am planning to purchase the fina as well.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes?
Yes.

Brown and navy. Classic. Navy and green. Classic.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to pick up any of the new striped grenadines (I'm not a fan of repp stripes personally apart from my one hober grenadine striped tie) but those two are lovely
I read this as," I'm not going to pick up any of the new stupid grenadines"

I was battle-ready.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That one is great and will be in my next order once the July NPC ends. With respect to the white pindot ties, if it helps, I already have the grossa and am planning to purchase the fina as well.

Actually, I'm not sure that helps, lol. Your statement can be taken two ways:

1. You like your grossa pindot so much that you're going to order the fina version.
2. You're not really crazy about the grossa, so will try the fina instead.

:laugh:

Last edited:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, I'm not sure that helps, lol. Your statement can be taken two ways:

1. You like your grossa pindot so much that you're going to order the fina version.
2. You're not really crazy about the grossa, so will try the fina instead.

:laugh:

Version 1 was the intent. I also believe they are different enough that I can justify it to myself as purchasing two different designs. It's quite rare that option 2 would apply to a Hober.

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Version 1 was the intent. I also believe they are different enough that I can justify it to myself as purchasing two different designs. It's quite rare that option 2 would apply to a Hober.

That's what I figured. I'm still undecided, though. Leaning toward the grossa just for variety's sake since all of my grenadines right now are fina. I'm sure I'd be happy with either. :)

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Real talk. new SF Grenadine Club Tie. Meet me half-way, gents. THESE ARE AWESOME.

Agree and in! :slayer:

I really like that stripe as well, and that pin dot, and...

Stripes aren't my go to pattern either but I really, really like a number of these and will be picking up more than one. :nodding:

Am I the only one who is unimpressed by the color combinations and designs of the new grenadine stripes? There is so much room for simple classic color combinations, which is what I was expecting.

I think David's original stripes are simple and classic and as mrjester points out above at least a couple of the new ones are as well. In the meantime, he sprinkled in some colors I love (purple and red) and threw in some fina stripes as well.

For me, I actually like the new offerings more than I thought I would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads