• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A painful red swelling after lifting

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a good chest workout a few days ago. The day after, I started to get this hard red lump under my left nipple that was painful to the touch. The next day, it got twice as big, to about 2.5 inches in diameter. This morning, it was smaller, but it started to feel hot and itch, though there was no rash on the skin.

I went to the doctor and I forgot the name he called it, but he said it was a very early infection. Because it's a hard lump, that means that the tissue around it is inflamed and it's just an immunity reaction where my body tries to stop it. If it advances, there would be a pocket of puss, and it would be "boggy" to the touch. I asked what could have triggered it and just said anything. Since my skin in that area was never broken, and I was not bruised there, I can only assume it was the workout. Just thought I would share the experience. Anyone else have this happen before?

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 57 17.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 33.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.2%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%