• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Um, yeah, no complaints with my pair. Trees are perfect too!
Pics at last! They are beautiful! Lovely finish. Which brings to mind one really great benefit of these SF group MTOs. The makers know that all of SF is watching - talk about pressure to perform! :happy:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Excellent. Probably one the better fitting lasts that I've tried (obviously this is very subjective). so far feels like the 888 with a wider ball. Will not really know until after a few miles of walking but first impressions are superb.
I hope everyone else is enjoying their pair!
Did you size down one size? Or half?

Harrydog

Reaction score
I agree with the fit of the shoe trees on my Millers...do not fit snugly across the vamp. I found the same thing in my trees for a recent G&G Deco. They cut them very low across the instep down to the toe. They don't fit snugly. I can push down on the vamp behind the toes and their is a lot of space.

As for finishing on the Miller, I am little disappointed as well. The leather on the toe box has a very grainy texture. Can't really raise much of a shine. Had the same thing on an A&S Moore in calf. Any recommendations? I have tried the spit polish technique, but still can't raise much of a shine. What do you mean by "elbow grease"? Rubbing? Buffing? Any advice here would be appreciated.

The one thing they did on my Miller that is superb is a really nice install of the toe taps.

The fit is great. I am a US 10.5 and tend to go UK 9.5 most often. I am glad I went down to an E width. I have the Moore on the 724 in a 9.5 F and it was a little roomy. The E gives me the snug fit I tend to prefer.

Last edited:

Harrydog

Reaction score
Two pics.

Shows the grainy texture of the toe.

Great job. note the beveled edge of the toe tap.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about the inside of your boot? What does it say?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads