• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
^
Jason, is 31 your standard size nowadays? I had decided against picking these up, but now I'm reconsidering.

yea 31 is my size right now. I could have gone with a 30 if I wanted the "tight just able to button" fit. A 32 would have been much looser than I would have liked

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I think that much of it might also be that the size scaling is a little more drastic, proportionally, at the lower waist sizes.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Baron, those fit you really well. Are those your normal size?

Yes - these are 34, which are what I take in everything pretty much.

amlai

Reaction score
Looking at the larger sizes, the tightness in the lower leg seems to be far less drastic than on the 29s. I don't think that I have big calves, but I feel like my calves are kind of squished in. For me, the fabric on the lower legs bunches up behind the kneees and won't drop back down after I stand up. I have pull them down. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this just a normal thing in a skinny jean?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
Looking at the larger sizes, the tightness in the lower leg seems to be far less drastic than on the 29s. I don't think that I have big calves, but I feel like my calves are kind of squished in. For me, the fabric on the lower legs bunches up behind the kneees and won't drop back down after I stand up. I have pull them down. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is this just a normal thing in a skinny jean?

This is a little of what I was alluding to above--I think that the calves are proportionally skinnier on the smaller sizes. The calves in the 30 were pretty slim on me. As for the fabric bunching up behind the knees, though... you're not just talking about normal honeycombs, right? All raw jeans do that.

modual

Reaction score
I was initially put off by the "skinnyness" of the calves but have decided against sizing up as i know i wont fill out the thighs if i do. Obviously sauce and fok have big thighs so they can size up and still fill out the thighs.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
This is a little of what I was alluding to above--I think that the calves are proportionally skinnier on the smaller sizes. The calves in the 30 were pretty slim on me. As for the fabric bunching up behind the knees, though... you're not just talking about normal honeycombs, right? All raw jeans do that.

You are right. I've tried on multiple sizes. The size 30 (the size I regularly take in jeans) was really tight, particularly below the knee. You could pretty much make out my calf muscles. The thighs were tight, and I could button up the top button only if I sucked in my breath and strained! I was Drizzt'ing it! By contrast, the size 31 fit comfortably from the get go. I could actually slouch the jeans right off the bat, and there was space in the thighs and calves. The size 32 were way big on me in all dimensions.

For kicks, I tried on a pair of 29. Do not recommend doing that. Nearly autocastrated myself.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Autocastration is next level ****, man, gotta jump on that.

FWIW, the size 30s for me were just a little snug in the waistband, but not difficult to button, and by the end of one day wearing them it was possible to slouch if I wanted to. The thighs were tight only near the knee, then from the knee down, everything was tight. I'm hoping (!) my 31s show up today, in which case I'll take pics and compare the knees and calves.

Double D

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Wore em out last night, and they fit/feel great. Some better pics of the fit than the waywt.

fit1lf6.jpg

Those shoes are seriously not doing those jeans justice.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so, the only real "high end" denim i own is earnest sewn fultons, in a size 31. they have stretched out over the last couple months of wear, and are now a bit saggy.

i measured them against the measurements provided for the 5ep/sf jeans, and it seems that the 5ep/sf jeans are just slightly slimmer, about 0.5" slimmer everywhere. i also have big calves like sauce and LA guy and don't want my calves to show through, but at the same time i don't want the jeans to stretch out too much and sag halfway down ******. should i stick to my normal 31, or should i go a size up to 32? from what i've been seeing only sauce's jeans seem to fit super tight, which is why i've been holding back from ordering a pair...

amlai

Reaction score
As for the fabric bunching up behind the knees, though... you're not just talking about normal honeycombs, right? All raw jeans do that.

No, not just honeycombs. When I stand up, there is no stacking in the ankles even though there is plenty of fabric that I think it should be stacking some. Rather, the fabric is stuck up because the lower leg is tight enough that my calves prevent the fabric from dropping back down. So, I have to pull the fabric down in order to somewhat feel comforatable.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
No, not just honeycombs. When I stand up, there is no stacking in the ankles even though there is plenty of fabric that I think it should be stacking some. Rather, the fabric is stuck up because the lower leg is tight enough that my calves prevent the fabric from dropping back down. So, I have to pull the fabric down in order to somewhat feel comforatable.

Gotcha. I figured, but I wanted to make sure. Anyway, like anything else with raw jeans, if the jeans have pressure applied against them consistently (e.g. by your calves), they'll stretch to accommodate. It might be a little annoying at first, though.

amlai

Reaction score
if the jeans have pressure applied against them consistently (e.g. by your calves), they'll stretch to accommodate.
Well, that's the problem... there's not really much pressure on the fabric there... it's just tight enough to have enough static friction to hold, but not enough to cause any stretching. I've been trying to come up with ways to perhaps artifically stretch it... a la waistband stretcher.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take care to make sure the fabric doesn't ride up into the back of your knees when you sit down. Hopefully the problem will fix itself eventually.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Baron, those fit you really well. Are those your normal size? I am beginning to think that Sauce and I were completely wrong about the sizing, and that it is not the jeans that are small, but we that are fat (ter than we thought previously.)

Don't scare me like this :/ I should go to HTC tomorrow just to see if ******** up the sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads