• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x SF jean post pics

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
How do you like the denim? I assume that this is your first pair of 5EP. For me, the denim was what really got my attention when I first saw 5EP raw/rigid denim jeans.

I am wearing my pair now. They are 31 as well, but probably fit quite different from the way yours fit you.

Yep my first 5EP. I really like the denim. As mentioned it has a complexity to it, and the color is very deep and rich. The denim has a soft hand which I like, basically the polar opposite of PBJ denim. I can't re-emphasize how rich the denim indigo is...so much more than my other jeans that are most comparable in fit and detailing (APC NS, Jean Shop and Julian Red).

I also like the denim being raw/rigid isn't uber stiff, and is actually pretty soft. I remember when I first got APC NS it was a ***** to manipulate the buttonfly but these were easy to use on the first wear.

Personally I like the blond leather patch and the hanging red threads, even if there is a Kabballah-ish reference that I don't prescribe to.

cmyr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

Personally I like the blond leather patch and the hanging red threads, even if there is a Kabballah-ish reference that I don't prescribe to.

so what /is/ the story behind the red threads?

bsyde82

Reaction score
I have a set of "For Your Eyes Only" pics of that, I'll email em to you so we don't embarrass Who on a public forum

Got the jeans today!! LOVE THEM. The 31s fit perfectly, just the right snugness at the waist but easily buttonable. I actually like the higher rise, being a tucker. The legs are just right, kinda how I imagine the Nudie Grim Tim to fit (which I was looking at for a next jean, but no more)...wider than the Finn but slimmer than Jim. This is how a jean that's designated as "slim" SHOULD fit.

LanceKonami thought these seemed just like Julian Red california, and it's close, but it's definitely its own cut.

pics to come tomorrow

GS,

how is the rise compared to thin finns? I'm hoping its not too high rise...i'm pretty accustomed to the lowerish rise of my pbjs, although i'm fine w/ the rise on the finns

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmyr
so what /is/ the story behind the red threads?
They are for good luck, inspired by Godmothers trip to some place. I forget where. EDIT: I believe it was Bali, wasn't it?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
GS,

how is the rise compared to thin finns? I'm hoping its not too high rise...i'm pretty accustomed to the lowerish rise of my pbjs, although i'm fine w/ the rise on the finns

without actually measuring, it feels to be the exact same as Finn (which I was wearing today before switching to the SFx5EP).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whodini, those look like bespoke denim on you. Perfect fit.

Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
^^^
I can't tell how it fits ********** - can you post another pic from behind while you bend over and grab your ankles?

I have a set of "For Your Eyes Only" pics of that, I'll email em to you so we don't embarrass Who on a public forum

Sweet holy ****. I leave for a couple of hours and this place turns into leather thong night at the Motherload in West Hollywood.

Baron, not completely surprised by your request. I thought it was odd at the meet that when the waitress came over to take our drink orders you looked at me when you said, "Give me a *******." And here I thought you just liked Bailey's.

GetStuffed, I remember a certain young lad asking me for an "email favor" not too long ago. This is the repayment I get?

Originally Posted by poly800rock
5 dollars to touch it while i touch my toes, 6 dollars to touch it while i touch your toes...

Originally Posted by LA Guy
How do you like the denim? I assume that this is your first pair of 5EP. For me, the denim was what really got my attention when I first saw 5EP raw/rigid denim jeans.
Having never seen 5EP in person before I didn't know what to expect with the type of denim I was getting. Like GetStupid, the first thing I noticed was the deepness of the color. The rigidity and hand instantly reminded me of my pair of Cone selvage Crates. Actually, the denim itself is very similar but the color is much richer on the 5EP. The construction and detailing are VERY nice and thorough: extra stitching around the belt loops, the button fly is a genuine pleasure, the copper studs are things of beauty, and I'm a fan of the blue stitching across the back pockets (which I'm sure will look great once faded through).

Only two things I could nitpick but they're personal. One is I like selvage in the coinpocket; RRL spoiled me for it and it's something in the denim nerd in me because it's completely useless. The other is, and flame away, I have this vision of each pair being unique to each of us and almost specifically for each individual; selling your pair would be like selling your first born or auctioning off a kidney to pay for your gambling debts. I think it would have been "cool" to put on the right inside pocket a handwritten stamp from Godmother reading along the lines of "This pair was made for Denim Mafia member _____" and a space for your name.

Originally Posted by bigwhale
Just got these also, and they fit great. What're you guys doing with the long red thread strands? Just leave them hanging?
That's the plan along with the tags. Why not?
Originally Posted by dimshum
who, what's your normal size, and what size did you get?
I'm a true 32. To compare, I'm a 32 in most R&B, 31 in SSDS, 32 TF, etc. I stuck with the slim game plan and went 32 on these as well. The top button was "difficult" for about a second and within a day already have what Sauce described as a comfortable top block with slim thighs and legs (but nothing uncomfortable). I'd probably recommend that most people stick with their usual size as I foresee my pair being slouchy within a few wears.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
Whodini, those look like bespoke denim on you. Perfect fit. Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow...
Thanks. I had that "bespoke" thought cross my mind yesterday when I tried them on for the first time. I'm glad people are having similar reactions with their pairs and hopefully your's, too. Pics didn't get much light on the jeans but that'll be remedied later this week when I get the fortune of wearing them again.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm not screwed by sizing up 1.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Nah. You'll be fine for this year's Source awards.

Awesome, I needed a good stret cred jean. Maybe I'll have someone paint some gulls on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads