1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

5EP x SF jean post pics

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Sep 14, 2007.

1. dimshum

dimshum Senior member

who, what's your normal size, and what size did you get?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

3. Asch

Asch Senior member

Whodini, those look like bespoke denim on you. Perfect fit.

Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow...

4. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

^^^
    I can't tell how it fits in the ass - can you post another pic from behind while you bend over and grab your ankles?

I have a set of "For Your Eyes Only" pics of that, I'll email em to you so we don't embarrass Who on a public forum

Sweet holy fuck. I leave for a couple of hours and this place turns into leather thong night at the Motherload in West Hollywood.

Baron, not completely surprised by your request. I thought it was odd at the meet that when the waitress came over to take our drink orders you looked at me when you said, "Give me a Blowjob." And here I thought you just liked Bailey's.

GetStuffed, I remember a certain young lad asking me for an "email favor" not too long ago. This is the repayment I get?

5 dollars to touch it while i touch my toes, 6 dollars to touch it while i touch your toes...

How do you like the denim? I assume that this is your first pair of 5EP. For me, the denim was what really got my attention when I first saw 5EP raw/rigid denim jeans.
    Having never seen 5EP in person before I didn't know what to expect with the type of denim I was getting. Like GetStupid, the first thing I noticed was the deepness of the color. The rigidity and hand instantly reminded me of my pair of Cone selvage Crates. Actually, the denim itself is very similar but the color is much richer on the 5EP. The construction and detailing are VERY nice and thorough: extra stitching around the belt loops, the button fly is a genuine pleasure, the copper studs are things of beauty, and I'm a fan of the blue stitching across the back pockets (which I'm sure will look great once faded through).

Only two things I could nitpick but they're personal. One is I like selvage in the coinpocket; RRL spoiled me for it and it's something in the denim nerd in me because it's completely useless. The other is, and flame away, I have this vision of each pair being unique to each of us and almost specifically for each individual; selling your pair would be like selling your first born or auctioning off a kidney to pay for your gambling debts. I think it would have been "cool" to put on the right inside pocket a handwritten stamp from Godmother reading along the lines of "This pair was made for Denim Mafia member _____" and a space for your name.

Just got these also, and they fit great. What're you guys doing with the long red thread strands? Just leave them hanging?
    That's the plan along with the tags. Why not?
    who, what's your normal size, and what size did you get?
    I'm a true 32. To compare, I'm a 32 in most R&B, 31 in SSDS, 32 TF, etc. I stuck with the slim game plan and went 32 on these as well. The top button was "difficult" for about a second and within a day already have what Sauce described as a comfortable top block with slim thighs and legs (but nothing uncomfortable). I'd probably recommend that most people stick with their usual size as I foresee my pair being slouchy within a few wears.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Whodini, those look like bespoke denim on you. Perfect fit. Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow...
    Thanks. I had that "bespoke" thought cross my mind yesterday when I tried them on for the first time. I'm glad people are having similar reactions with their pairs and hopefully your's, too. Pics didn't get much light on the jeans but that'll be remedied later this week when I get the fortune of wearing them again.

7. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Hopefully I'm not screwed by sizing up 1.

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hopefully I'm not screwed by sizing up 1.
    Nah. You'll be fine for this year's Source awards.

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Nah. You'll be fine for this year's Source awards.

Awesome, I needed a good stret cred jean. Maybe I'll have someone paint some gulls on them.

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

Awesome, I needed a good stret cred jean. Maybe I'll have someone paint some gulls on them.
    What, no embroidery? When's your pair due?

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

What, no embroidery?

When's your pair due?

How about an embroidered afro + afro pick? :p I don't know when mine are due, sent LA Guy the money yesterday, so maybe he shipped them out today. If so, maybe by Saturday?

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

You gave money to LAG? [​IMG] Yeah, good luck with that one.

13. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

Ugh. I need to update my pic. Mine look much better than they do in that ugly thing.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You gave money to LAG? [​IMG] Yeah, good luck with that one.

Do you need more fortune cookie nookie? Because there is more than enough of the Fok to go around. Just bend yourself over who.

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

Do you need more fortune cookie nookie? Because there is more than enough of the Fok to go around. Just bend yourself over who.
    Don't look at me if your fortune tonight read, "I see many brown round eyes in your future." This place is going down hill faster than a couple of Mexicans at an organic asparagus estate.

16. amlai

amlai Senior member

Anyone wearing these with Alden 405s? With the fairly skinny leg opening, what are people's thoughts regarding wearing these with boots, particularly if they're dressier boots?

17. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

amlai, I'm wearing mine with dressier boots (Paul Smith chukka)

size 31

[​IMG]

18. ken

ken Senior member

^^
    Those look very nice. Are you going to hem them or leave them cuffed?

19. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

thanks Ken, for now I'm going to leave them cuffed

20. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got mine last night. The fit is great - I might have eased up a smidge on the taper, but it seems to work. I'll almost definitely get these hemmed at some point. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]