• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

~500-600 suit awkward body type?

flgators1

Reaction score
So I posted before and was looking to find a suit in the 500 to 600 dollar range (anything cheaper I'm all for it)

I'm a 36 R in a theory slim fit suit or the hugo boss red label suit as well.

I'm 5 11" and about 137. So I have long arms and a skinny body.

I tried black lapel and got the suit in and the measurements were extremely off. So Its getting sent back. I'd opt for a remake but it'd take too long to get for when i need it.

I also tried Banana republic and the suit was horrendous. (It was different from the one i tried on in store the fabric was thin and felt cheap) so it also got sent back

I've found the hugo boss red label and the theory suit at bloomingdales and they fit really well, its just the price is a little over my level.

I'm looking for a Black or Navy suit (prefer black)

I'm using the suit for my sisters wedding and medical school interviews.

So does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm from north florida if that helps any.

flgators1

Reaction score
Get a credit card.
I don't really see how that helps unless if you're referring to a store discount with a credit card sign up. I can already get the employee discount of 20% off at bloomingdales from a friend.

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one will recommend you get a black suit because they're extremely unversatile. Basically only for extremely formal settings, and even then charcoal gray will usually work out.

flgators1

Reaction score
No one will recommend you get a black suit because they're extremely unversatile. Basically only for extremely formal settings, and even then charcoal gray will usually work out.

I'd stick with a navy suit.
I don't mind navy or even charcoal (the charcoal ones I've seen are extremely close to black)

I'm more so looking for advice as to where to find a suit from. Like the brand and store

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind navy or even charcoal (the charcoal ones I've seen are extremely close to black)

I'm more so looking for advice as to where to find a suit from. Like the brand and store
Depends. If you don't mind used, eBay is full of amazing quality suits at a low price.

If you'd like something new, Suit Supply is probably gonna be the most recommended thing for your price range. Remember to leave room in your budget for tailoring.

flgators1

Reaction score
Depends. If you don't mind used, eBay is full of amazing quality suits at a low price.

If you'd like something new, Suit Supply is probably gonna be the most recommended thing for your price range. Remember to leave room in your budget for tailoring.
I tried suit supply when I was first beginning to look for a suit. I went to the store in atlanta and the guy immediately told me he wouldn't have a jacket that fit me and my only option was to do their custom suit it was $900 for going that route. The store didn't have much of a selection of jackets and most of them were patterned jackets. Maybe I can try finding something online from their website I saw they had Navy suits for 499. Any suggestions on one of their slimmer fitting jackets? Like the name

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Washington is their slimmest model.

flgators1

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Washington is their slimmest model.
I ordered the Napoli in a 34 in dark grey (Used their size/style guide) so hopefully it fits. I would've opted for the Washington but it only came in patterns and not a solid color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads