• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3/2 roll for Law Interview? Any thoughts.

butkusrules

Reaction score
Anybody have any thoughts on using a solid navy 3/2 roll vs a straight two button for a law firm interview?

Histrion

Reaction score
2 or 3 buttons are just fine, really. Four on the other hand...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Should be perfect. What color out of curiosity?

OP mentioned solid navy

3/2 roll is perfect for such an interview. Dont think twice. Wear that Harley Davidson necktie you said you always wear to show them you have an edge
bounce2.gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaturalShoulder
Either will work just fine. Doubtful that anyone will notice or care.

Really, this is what it comes down to for me too, assuming the suit as a whole fits reasonably well.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
OP mentioned solid navy

3/2 roll is perfect for such an interview. Dont think twice. Wear that Harley Davidson necktie you said you always wear to show them you have an edge
bounce2.gif

rimshot.gif
Wow--can't believe I missed that

trex

Reaction score
as it has been said many times before, probably it won't be noticed and if it does it will probably be by a sartorially savvy interviewer and might even score you some extra points

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trex
as it has been said many times before, probably it won't be noticed and if it does it will probably be by a sartorially savvy interviewer and might even score you some extra points

I think he will come off as a smug dbag in the interview and get dinged for sure. What range firm is the interview for.

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
I think he will come off as a smug dbag in the interview and get dinged for sure. What range firm is the interview for.

go back to xoxo dude

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never got why people like the look of a 3 roll 2 ( ie. having a random button hole on their lapel that isn't really functional)

most clueless people will think it's there by mistake, and aesthically, it ruins the smoothness of the lapel line by being there

example: Iammatt's 3 roll 2 lapel with the button hole showing:

003uz6.jpg

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
I never got why people like the look of a 3 roll 2 ( ie. having a random button hole on their lapel that isn't really functional) most clueless people will think it's there by mistake, and aesthically, it ruins the smoothness of the lapel line by being there example: Iammatt's 3 roll 2 lapel with the button hole showing:
003uz6.jpg

It is certainly more traditional. And a look I prefer.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
The guy in the picture also needs to ditch the button down collar with the suit and tie. Not a good look.

Why don't you start posting pictures of yourself and teach us how to dress?So far all you do is criticize..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads