• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good/bad thing after this performance is that the tricky part won`t start until quarterfinals. Iran, Nigeria and then probably Switzerland are the matches to come. But yeah, they`re gonna
have to step it up quite a lot. They were looking a bit lackadaisical after the second goal, and that`s when they should`ve pushed them harder.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ivory Coast looked hopeless, giants diving everywhere. Until the Lion stepped in ;-)
game changed completely just with his presence. even gervinho got a goal off his forehead!

Agreed. Japan were pretty dominant in the first half, with an excellent goal by Honda and were looking to win until Drogba came on for the Elephants in the second half.

The CdI team dynamic really seemed to change instantly Drogba came onto the field - they started to control the flow of the game and really dominated the second half, spending a lot of time down Japan's end and, of course, scoring two goals in the space of about three minutes.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Good/bad thing after this performance is that the tricky part won`t start until quarterfinals. Iran, Nigeria and then probably Switzerland are the matches to come. But yeah, they`re gonna
have to step it up quite a lot. They were looking a bit lackadaisical after the second goal, and that`s when they should`ve pushed them harder.

hey muchacho don't assume so much !

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ ha, ok. I hope there`s not a repeat of that.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. Japan were pretty dominant in the first half, with an excellent goal by Honda and were looking to win until Drogba came on for the Elephants in the second half.

If by dominant in the first half you mean the Japanese defenders did an admirable job denying the back of the net to the Elephants numerous times... then yes, the Japanese were dominant. Honda's strike was a stunning one, and he had another good chance that deflected off of Bamba, and Uchida shot the ball straight to the keeper, but those were pretty much the only sparks from the Japanese for the first half.

These are the first half's stats

Côte d'Ivoire - Japan

59% Ball possession 41%
6 Fouls Committed 4
4 Attempts On Target 3
10 Shots 4
0 Total Goals scored 1
0 Penalties scored 0

Last edited:

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So when is that own goal credited to Noel Valladares going to be revised to a goal for Karim Benzema? The man deserves the hat trick! Go, France! Not because I'm French, but because they're the team I drew in a pool I participated in with some friends...make me some money, Les Bleus!

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

I'm not über familiar w/ Paletta, but know he was up for either Argentina NT or Italy. Anyone know more about why he chose Italy? Arg. could have used him in central defense, while Italy has bounds of skilled defenders.

Obviously Paletta is starting before many of them, but still wanted to know.

Late reply, busy weekend.

The only reason Paletta played was due to injury problems with De Sciglio (and possibly Abate). He usually ranks behind Bonucci as the third string CB. Shocked he played and like I said he was awful.

He played for Argentina U20 when they won and was never called again. He only got called by Italy a couple months back because he has his best pro year ever with Parma so Prandelli likes to go with guys who are hot right at the moment.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Screw both these nations :brick:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, V...

A
u9ape8ep.jpg

Not really a big gambler but in Vegas for work

High roller I know

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Its response, it has been alleged, was to order poor-quality kit that the federation president, Ali Kafashian, has advised players to wash in cold water to prevent shrinkage. Players have also been asked not to exchange shirts with the likes of Lionel Messi because replacements are in short supply.
The striker Karim Ansarifard elaborated: “They give us large-size socks and after two days and being washed they shrink to a small size.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/15/carlos-queiroz-iran-world-cup

:rotflmao:

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Portugal are being pummeled so far...this would at least be entertaining were Zlatan here!

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've expected much more from Portugal. So far, very disappointing.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads