1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2 day pre-eBay sale vintage herringbone d/b overcoat

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Anthony Jordan, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Anthony Jordan

Anthony Jordan Senior member

A very nice vintage British 1940s-1950s double-breasted overcoat in a dark grey herringbone weave, in overall very good condition for age. 6x2 buttoning, peaked lapels (buttonhole in both), 2 flapped pockets and outside breast pocket, black twill satin/polished cotton lining throughout. 17" centre vent. Civilian Clothing 1941 ("CC41") marking (which gives the approximate date.)

Measurements: 22" across chest under armpits (measured buttoned and laid flat, slightly pinched out), 45" from base of collar to base of skirt, 26 1/2" outside arm measurement. Feels rather roomy on me all over (I am 5ft 9", 39" chest) so suggest most suitable for someone of 40-42" chest, but please check measurements on a well-fitting coat of your own.

Apart from slight loss of nap in two or three small spots to the rear, in overall very good condition. A very handsome formal overcoat.

Aprox shipping weight 5lbs.
    Offered to members of Styleforum for thirty-five pounds plus shipping at cost - this is strictly calculated to recoup my outlay (I have been lucky enough to find a near identical coat which fits me better, and thus have no more need of this one.) I will list on eBay on Thursday at a somewhat higher price to reflect the additional costs, so please do consider buying it now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]