• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1976 Fiat 124 Spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
1976 Fiat 124 Spider

UPDATE: The Fiat has been listed on eBay and the auction will close Sunday at 5pm PST. If anyone wants to purchase it PRIOR TO SATURDAY AT 5PM PST without having to bid, I will sell the car for $3,000 cash (in person) and end the auction early.

102,535 miles
1800cc 4-cylinder engine (1.8L)
5-speed
15" Panasport wheels
Kumho Ecsta tires

SMOG PASSED 3/24/12 (certificate is good for 90 days)

I bought this car when it had approximately 95k miles on it in February 2010. I purchased it from a friend who'd been given the car in 2004 by his grandparents who purchased new in 1976. The car was a Northern California car and garaged most of its life. The prior owner brought it to San Luis Obispo where it was also garaged. I brought it to Venice where it had covered outdoor parking. I have recently moved downtown and unfortunately this car no longer fits with my lifestyle nor am I able to drive it often enough.

The car is an excellent "driver" and can be driven daily in its current condition. The car has cosmetic and minor mechanical issues typical of a 36-year old Fiat and would certainly benefit from a full restoration. The condition of the vehicle is documented extensively in the photos. The car will be sold as-is, where-is, and is available for inspections and test drives in downtown LA on evenings and weekends. You are welcome to bring your mechanic with you but I do not have time to coordinate taking the car to any shops -- the car is not in perfect condition and any buyer should expect that the car will need regular maintenance above that of a new car. The condition of the vehicle is taken into account in my asking price.

The current issues on the car of which I am aware are:
- the bumpers were removed by the prior owner and are not in my possession
- the front passenger side turn signal is missing its housing
- the lower-right section of the rear window is coming apart from the top (see photos)
- the dealer-installed 8-track deck is not currently functioning and the passenger-side speaker is missing
- fifth gear syncro is poor but functional, I try to rev-match to around 3000 rpms in order to get a smooth shift into 5th gear
- right-rear brake caliper needs to be adjusted. there is a slow leak but as long as the fluid level is maintained, the brakes are fully functional
- several other minor cosmetic issues as depicted in the photos

Attachments

• IMG_0153 2.jpg
    IMG_0153 2.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a red Fiat Spider in the garage at my dad's old work place. Has been sitting there since I was a little kid. I've always wondered about restoring it....

The blue on this fiat looks awesome. Good luck with the sale!

ndvrkevin

Reaction score
I believe my dad had one of these back in the day. If only I had the cash laying around. Good luck with the sale!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
someone buy this car and then put snow tires on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads